House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
tommyboy

Land Auction

i am looking for aprox 5 acres of land to use as grazing and possible storage of containers if it is possible

i have seen a site that was up for £70k now this was within my budget but has sold before auction

my q is , to find these properties do i just keep searching the net tring to find it or should i contact the auction houses and get them to send a catalog

what is the best method for this

also whats your opinions of the value of the land and it sustainabilty, will it go down the same as house prices ar will there be little or no effect??

coments please

i am looking for aprox 5 acres of land to use as grazing and possible storage of containers if it is possible

i have seen a site that was up for £70k now this was within my budget but has sold before auction

my q is , to find these properties do i just keep searching the net tring to find it or should i contact the auction houses and get them to send a catalog

also whats your opinions of the value of the land and it sustainabilty, will it go down the same as house prices ar will there be little or no effect??

coments please

If you want to put containers on it, the local council may see it as material change of use. You may have to apply for planning.

Agri-land is well over valued at the moment imo.

coments please

http://www.building-plot.org.uk/land-for-sale-in-england.htm

D :)

coments please

I'm affraid you've come to the wrong forum for impartial advice.

I take it back. Domand Dames, you are 2 of only a hatful of hpc members to offer advice without any snide remarks....

You both replied while I was reading the thread

I'm going to PM the author with my thoughts

Do yourself a favour and read Fred Harrison's "Boom Bust 2010".

You can pick up a copy on Amazon for about £15.

He explains very clearly how the housing market is simply a proxy for the land market, and what happens to land values when the housing market tanks.

It may be the best £15 you ever spend.