House Price Crash Forum
exiges

Channel 4 News

Biggest drop in the FTSE in 3yrs.. Markets panicking .. So what is CH4 reporting ?

Syria.. University results.. Satellites into space.. Fukushima.. Erm but nothing about millions of UK pensions losing sh1t loads in value due to market wobbles.

Surprised they didn't report the new series of Big Brother

Yes I was thinking the same thing as I skimmed the tv news just after 6pm ... but then again, it was the same a few weeks ago. The media didn't catch on until the downtrend was already in full swing. I dumped all my shares as the indices broke the 200MA, and the media took a few more days to report "FTSE down again", and I was like "oh, again? this is the first time you've mentioned it!"

Peston is the worst, reporting everything like its his exclusive lol.

Just a theory but I think Business and Finance related news is of scant interest to the mainly left leaning Channel 4 news viewers.

Yes, Pesto gave it about 2.5 seconds on BBC news at 6.

I have to admit that I've enjoyed C4's coverage of the markets over the last few weeks. I think Faisal Islam is a fairly straight talking bloke.

I have to admit that I've enjoyed C4's coverage of the markets over the last few weeks. I think Faisal Islam is a fairly straight talking bloke.

Yes he is the best of a bad bunch. I remember last autumn when one of the house price indices went down 3% in a month, and he was the only guy giving it any credence.

I just couldn't make myself sit through Harry, otters and sharks for that 2.5 seconds. :( The telly has to go.

You know it makes sense. :)

You know it makes sense. :)

Very little worth watching on tv anymore...not worthy the cost of the tv licence......do you need one if all you have is a laptop and the radio? ;)

Very little worth watching on tv anymore...not worthy the cost of the tv licence......do you need one if all you have is a laptop and the radio? ;)

Yes.

Yes he is the best of a bad bunch. I remember last autumn when one of the house price indices went down 3% in a month, and he was the only guy giving it any credence.

Agreed, he seems one of the more politically neutral commentators and does seem to pick up on things other than the contents of the latest think-tank press releases.

Statisticians only need to fell 95% confident! :huh:

Statisticians only need to feel 95% confident! :huh:

I have a TV, but only as a result of the holy trinity of low cost living:

- Rent

- Get a girlfriend

- Buy a bike

In this age of austerity can number 2 and 3 not combine :P Come to think of it ...

Yes.

No you don't!

Only if it has a TV card and you watch live broadcasts through the TV ariel (or satelite). Watching Iplayer does not count.

Hello Faisal.

Biggest drop in the FTSE in 3yrs.. Markets panicking .. So what is CH4 reporting ?

Syria.. University results.. Satellites into space.. Fukushima.. Erm but nothing about millions of UK pensions losing sh1t loads in value due to market wobbles.

Surprised they didn't report the new series of Big Brother

you have to bear in mind that the market is higher today than it was last week. if the market moves up 300 points and down 300 points not much has happened.

it really needs to see new lows to be a major issue.

In this age of austerity can number 2 and 3 not combine :P Come to think of it ...

Its probably an extremely slow mode of transport, and so not cost effective.

The only people interested in the stock markets are those with money, which is why its of no interest to most people

I think the stock market usually leads other markets so it's of interest to everyone on hpc for example.

Edited by _w_