House Price Crash Forum
Pent Up

Ftse Down Over 4% (Again )

FTSE -2.29%

CAC - 3.09%

DAX - 4.06%!!

Tbh I expected this after the german GDP came out. Why the delay?

Good to see the short selling ban working wonders for the cac.

Edited by Pent Up

FTSE -2.29%

CAC - 3.09%

DAX - 4.06%!!

Maybe they were getting their exam results

To me, this looks like the unwinding of the QE support. There never seemed to be any genuine reason why the FTSE recovered from its post-2008 crash.

If I am correct then we should see sub-4000 again, maybe 4400 since the £ has lost another 10% since the last crash.

However, if the QE starts up again, I may just give up and buy back in again and wait for the £ to become worthless.

FTSE -2.29%

CAC - 3.09%

DAX - 4.06%!!

Good to see the short selling ban working wonders for the cac.

The last bear raid led the FTSE to unprecedented oversold readings on the RSI and other indicators. A bear market rally was innevitable, and even with bearish news like the German GDP coming now, the previous selling more than accomodated extra bad news.

Expect the rally to continue for 7days yet, albeit to lower highs approaching the 200MA which should be pointing bearishly downwards.

Its the rally after that when things get interesting, as per my Black Monday thread :)

The last bear raid led the FTSE to unprecedented oversold readings on the RSI and other indicators. A bear market rally was innevitable, and even with bearish news like the German GDP coming now, the previous selling more than accomodated extra bad news.

Expect the rally to continue for 7days yet, albeit to lower highs approaching the 200MA which should be pointing bearishly downwards.

Its the rally after that when things get interesting, as per my Black Monday thread :)

By this I mean that a few intraday corrections are fine, but within a 2 week uptrend (ish). Thats the likelihood imho, but not set in stone, as the rally got back to Fib levels pretty quick, so perhaps a sideways trend from now into the next new moon.

Attempting to translate:

1. It went down a lot

2. It was inevitable it was going to then go up a bit

3. Now it has gone down a bit more, it will go up a bit

4. When the moon changes in September, it will go up a bit more.

I'm with you up to 3 and will be interested to see how 4 turns out.

To me, this looks like the unwinding of the QE support. There never seemed to be any genuine reason why the FTSE recovered from its post-2008 crash.

If I am correct then we should see sub-4000 again, maybe 4400 since the £ has lost another 10% since the last crash.

However, if the QE starts up again, I may just give up and buy back in again and wait for the £ to become worthless.

Would they have to increase QE from the last time point to try and gain the same results?

If we follow the trend of before when money printing happens the "positive effect" becomes shorter and shorter requiring more and more printing?

Attempting to translate:

1. It went down a lot

2. It was inevitable it was going to then go up a bit

3. Now it has gone down a bit more, it will go up a bit

4. When the moon changes in September, it will go up a bit more.

I'm with you up to 3 and will be interested to see how 4 turns out.

See this link for some context on 4.

http://amalgamator.co.uk/2011August16th.aspx

The power of the moon is shocking in an uncertain market. It gets the timing and direction of swings pretty correct, but not the extent.

Would they have to increase QE from the last time point to try and gain the same results?

If we follow the trend of before when money printing happens the "positive effect" becomes shorter and shorter requiring more and more printing?

No idea for both questions, I doubt it is possible to quantify the amount of fear that QE removes.

An interesting bit of info on Zero Hedge recently has been the small amount of spare cash in the mutual funds (~3.5%) and the sustained rate of withdrawls. Thats a huge amount of forced selling ready and waiting.

No idea for both questions, I doubt it is possible to quantify the amount of fear that QE removes.

An interesting bit of info on Zero Hedge recently has been the small amount of spare cash in the mutual funds (~3.5%) and the sustained rate of withdrawls. Thats a huge amount of forced selling ready and waiting.

So people are anticipating more QE to boost share prices so people are waiting to make a quick and easy profit?

The bot infested stock market is coming apart like a $20 suit, who'd have thought it? :lol:

Surprised the Banskers haven't taken it much lower TBH, guess they must not be ready for another dose of printed money just yet :)

The bot infested stock market is coming apart like a $20 suit, who'd have thought it? :lol:

It is still 10% higher than a week ago, but everybody goes silent when the market is going up. :rolleyes:

It is still 10% higher than a week ago, but everybody goes silent when the market is going up. :rolleyes:

Same silence with Gold when it is going down :lol:

Edited by MrFlibble

Same silence with Gold when it is going down :lol:

Land Registry goes down 0.8%, there are ten pages of discussion about it.

Land Registry goes up 0.8%, there are three pages of discussion about it.

Land Registry goes down 0.8%, there are ten pages of discussion about it.

Land Registry goes up 0.8%, there are three pages of discussion about it.

I don't know where people get the idea this forum has a bearish bias. :lol:

So people are anticipating more QE to boost share prices so people are waiting to make a quick and easy profit?

I would have thought people are withdrawing money from mutual funds to fund day to day expenses. When I lived in the US, many colleagues would use mutual funds as savings accounts for a rainy day as certificates of deposit paid such a low rate.

Three month history(from the BBC page):

BBC Business Page

hdIPT.png

Not much to be bullish about, unless you happened to exactly time the market of course.

Edited by Sour Mash