House Price Crash Forum

Rise Of The Fourth Reich, How Germany Is Using The Financial Crisis To Conquer Europe

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2026840/European-debt-summit-Germany-using-financial-crisis-conquer-Europe.html

'If the euro is to survive — and with it the European project — the other 16 Eurozone countries will have to be like the Germans. Indeed, they must lose the freedom not to be like the Germans.

Be in no doubt what fiscal union means: it is one economic policy, one taxation system, one social security system, one debt, one economy, one finance minister. And all of the above would be German

That means a complete fiscal union in which Germany, as the EU’s most powerful economy and principal paymaster, makes the rules and makes them unbreakable.

This would entail a loss of sovereignty not seen in those countries since many were under the jackboot of the Third Reich 70 years ago.For be in no doubt what fiscal union means: it is one economic policy, one taxation system, one social security system, one debt, one economy, one finance minister. And all of the above would be German.'

this might actually not be such a bad thing.I quite like German sausages,the ales alright and they do seem to lead the sort of life that I aspire to,you know the one with the work ethic.

Ridiculous article.

Rightly or wrongly, the populations of the other nations won't put up with it.

Funny sort of Reich, bit like if instead of invading, Hitler had written to the French government in 1940 offering to pay their national debt for them.

Funny sort of Reich, bit like if instead of invading, Hitler had written to the French government in 1940 offering to pay their national debt for them.

..with A4 and a bottle of quink.

And even weirder, they accepted it.

They are not paying off the national debt. Germany is acting in the role of secure creditor and bailiff for its banks stockholders. The state no longer represents the people, merely the owners of banks.

..with A4 and a bottle of quink.

And even weirder, they accepted it.

For now, but the Germans will want hard assets eventually, ports, utilities etc..

Persnally I don't think it's intentioanl on their part,but there's an inevitability about it if the politiicans wont drop the Euro.If the germans are expected to foot the bills then I reckon their voters will only wear it if they are allowed to rein the piggies in.

Won't work. The populations of the PIIGS won't stand the austerity for ever, and when the German population realise that they're being shafted by their leaders they'll call time on the whole procedure.

In fact, it amazes me that the Irish, for example, haven't already voted in a defaulting government. A measure of the bankers immense power is that they have prevented this.

They are not paying off the national debt. Germany is acting in the role of secure creditor and bailiff for its banks stockholders. The state no longer represents the people, merely the owners of banks.

Trouble is, the PIIGS governments don't have the money and never will, no matter how much the EU/IMF etc bully them into austerity measures. Austerity might get them closer to running a balanced budget, but these countries will never run surpluses large enough to repay what they've already borrowed and spent. That money is gone, malinvestments long since flushed out to sea. The EFSF is just a roundabout way of getting German taxpayers to guarantee the bad investments of German banks.

In fact, it amazes me that the Irish, for example, haven't already voted in a defaulting government. A measure of the bankers immense power is that they have prevented this.

The only reason they haven't is that I don't think it was an option in the election.

The only reason they haven't is that I don't think it was an option in the election.

it was, it just came with Gerry adams attached.

I've actually had some bankster knobhead on here saying that people must have wanted the bailouts because they wouldn't vote for him!

When you look at the what the Germans are calling for, sound money and balanced budgets, it all seems very reasonable. You can still have development funds to help out the poorest areas. What you cannot allow is one regional government spending what it likes and handing the bill to another. If the Germans are expected to pay, the Germans get to call the shots on what is spent. If the Greeks want to spend twice what they take in taxes, they will rapidly find the markets will not lend to them. The current situation. Thus they need the Germans to guarantee them. It is not loss of sovereignty because they do not have to make any deals with the Germans. It would be loss of German sovereignty if Germany was compelled.

I am a great admirer of the German principles. Spend only what you earn. Make sure a euro this year is worth the same as a euro next year. Nobody wants a shared bank account with a spendthrift.

When you look at the what the Germans are calling for, sound money and balanced budgets, it all seems very reasonable. You can still have development funds to help out the poorest areas. What you cannot allow is one regional government spending what it likes and handing the bill to another. If the Germans are expected to pay, the Germans get to call the shots on what is spent. If the Greeks want to spend twice what they take in taxes, they will rapidly find the markets will not lend to them. The current situation. Thus they need the Germans to guarantee them. It is not loss of sovereignty because they do not have to make any deals with the Germans. It would be loss of German sovereignty if Germany was compelled.

I am a great admirer of the German principles. Spend only what you earn. Make sure a euro this year is worth the same as a euro next year. Nobody wants a shared bank account with a spendthrift.

I think you forgot "make up fantasy monetary system with france, then use it to subjugate a continent via cheap exports paid for with debt."

I think you forgot "make up fantasy monetary system with france, then use it to subjugate a continent via cheap exports paid for with debt."

Perhaps we could unwind it all.

If everyone send their BMWs back, the Germans could write off the debts. Kinda like:

4086.jpg

Sorry, I just can't take it all seriously anymore.

The promises made can never be delivered, the only solutions are hard or soft defaults.

It's all over bar the shouting, as my grandpappy used to say.

The promises made can never be delivered

Our currencies £/E/$ basically represent those (to-be-broken) promises. That's why I bought a small house with a bit of land. I don't want to be left with worthless £'s if/when the great reset(or write-off) arrives.

I used to think that there would be a window in which prices would have fallen greatly in nominal terms before the great reset arrives but I don't think that window will ever open wide enough.

Our currencies £/E/$ basically represent those (to-be-broken) promises. That's why I bought a small house with a bit of land. I don't want to be left with worthless £'s if/when the great reset(or write-off) arrives.

I used to think that there would be a window in which prices would have fallen greatly in nominal terms before the great reset arrives but I don't think that window will ever open wide enough.

I agree, and we've done the same. (Less land though I would imagine).

Having said that, I still think there is a good chance of that window opening over the next few quarters.

But by definition, there will be very few who manage to take advantage of it.

The Germans were quite happy to have loose money when they were in recession just after the euro was introduced, and they were quite happy to watch other eurozone economies overheat so they could buy German products and pull Germany out of recession. Germany has no right to call for sound money only when it suits her.

However what Germany does have every right to call for is that members of other eurozone countries who receive EU support at least pay their taxes. Enforcing payment of taxes in certain eurozone countries is where it'll get really messy.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2026840/European-debt-summit-Germany-using-financial-crisis-conquer-Europe.html

'If the euro is to survive — and with it the European project — the other 16 Eurozone countries will have to be like the Germans. Indeed, they must lose the freedom not to be like the Germans.

Be in no doubt what fiscal union means: it is one economic policy, one taxation system, one social security system, one debt, one economy, one finance minister. And all of the above would be German

That means a complete fiscal union in which Germany, as the EU’s most powerful economy and principal paymaster, makes the rules and makes them unbreakable.

This would entail a loss of sovereignty not seen in those countries since many were under the jackboot of the Third Reich 70 years ago.For be in no doubt what fiscal union means: it is one economic policy, one taxation system, one social security system, one debt, one economy, one finance minister. And all of the above would be German.'

this might actually not be such a bad thing.I quite like German sausages,the ales alright and they do seem to lead the sort of life that I aspire to,you know the one with the work ethic.

How would I rather be conquered? By American guns and financial 'services' or a German work ethic and social security system? The German way please. :mellow:

Perhaps we could unwind it all.

If everyone send their BMWs back, the Germans could write off the debts. Kinda like:

4086.jpg

Sorry, I just can't take it all seriously anymore.

The promises made can never be delivered, the only solutions are hard or soft defaults.

It's all over bar the shouting, as my grandpappy used to say.

Sort of.. maybe more along the lines of:

The money is gone, now we're just arguing over who is going to take the loss.

Sophistry and manipulation means all roads lead to the taxpayer at this juncture. The only silver lining is that the actual ask of the taxpayer is impossibly high. Loss is inevitable despite efforts made to squeeze a wide load of bankers' glans up Joe public's derriere.

I expect the realisation will sink in eventually that they are facing a choice of throwing the financial oligarchy under the bus or the wholesale loss of faith in fiat and ultimately the system as we know it. It might not happen in time to change course.

Frankly it all seems kaput from where l'm standing. Geometric credit systems hitting the resource bounds of a currently very finite world wont end well.

How would I rather be conquered? By American guns and financial 'services' or a German work ethic and social security system? The German way please. :mellow:

If there is to be a Fourth Financial Reich (FFR) then it is looking ominous already as Britain stands alone again. Germany has more than 2000 tons of gold ( luftwaffe) while Britain holds about 300 tons ( RAF Spitfires and Hurricanes). Is the Battle of Britain about to begin?

http://www.dailymail...uer-Europe.html

That means a complete fiscal union in which Germany, as the EU's most powerful economy and principal paymaster, makes the rules and makes them unbreakable.

Whatever effects the beer has it tends to make them want to invade other people's lands(egged on by loony leaders) killing millions of their own in the process

(like lemmings trying to swim rivers which eventually overpower and drown them!)

A true (occult led) 'phoenix' society - rising from numerous countrywide total destructions/ashes.

For now, but the Germans will want hard assets eventually, ports, utilities etc..

as do the french....like our energy indusrty.

as do the chinese across the pond,they are insistent on buying up a lot of the ports and transport systems.....there does seem to be rather a hint of belligerence about the financial coup de état.....even though a lot of the growth in these nations has been funded by ango-saxon consumers.

what on earth would happen if we decided to get all patriotic and stop consuming from these guys and make it ourselves again for a change.....bang goes surplus.

the phone hacking/surveillance scams of late could play utter havoc with their electrical goods industries,if it were to become knowledge that these foreign companies (or subcontracted out from US mega-corps etc)had been embedding bugging devices in their hardware!

massive flight to home-grown produce would occur....and sod the expense.

Edited by oracle

If there is to be a Fourth Financial Reich (FFR) then it is looking ominous already as Britain stands alone again. Germany has more than 2000 tons of gold ( luftwaffe) while Britain holds about 300 tons ( RAF Spitfires and Hurricanes). Is the Battle of Britain about to begin?

..could be with the first salvo the German / Franco suggestion for a round Europe financial transaction tax to save the Euro...it would penalise the UK and City of London most and we are not even in the Euro.... :rolleyes:

Paris and Berlin launch a coup to control eurozone, demanding rights to dictate economic policy

German economy grew just 0.1 per cent in second quarter this year

Struggling German economy could spell further trouble for euro zone

European Financial Stability Facility may be increased from 440 billion euros

FTSE static as it rises 7 points to 5,357.63 and Dow Jones futures down 0.8%

And they will draw up plans for a financial transaction tax, which will cost the City of London billions a year if it is extended to the UK.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2026540/Euro-debt-summit-Angela-Merkel-Nicolas-Sarkozy-want-dictate-economic-policy.html

And they will draw up plans for a financial transaction tax, which will cost the City of London billions a year if it is extended to the UK.

The way things are structured and designed these days the financial transaction tax money will likely just end up back in the banks coffers (even if only as bailout money) and then help to provide escalating banker bonuses etc.

Edited by billybong

Germany and France have launched a dramatic euro power grab, demanding the right to dictate economic policy to other countries in the single currency.

France’s Nicolas Sarkozy announced – at a Paris summit with Germany’s Angela Merkel – that the two most powerful nations people (themselves) in the eurozone had agreed on a ‘true European economic government’ to deal with the debt crisis.

The 17 countries in the single currency will be ordered to balance their budgets by 2012 and will have their economic policies overseen by a new eurozone body.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2026540/Euro-debt-summit-Angela-Merkel-Nicolas-Sarkozy-want-dictate-economic-policy.html#ixzz1VUA0S4kc

Ok the correction is a slight exaggeration but it's just about as democratic as that.

Edited by billybong