House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

okaycuckoo

Russia Today

Alot of HPCers have seen Max Keiser on RT - funny, paranoid silverbug.

But Alyona is the biz - all the right questions and answers to convince you you're living in a universe several removes from the truth. And a babe as well.

She gives excellent interview-head: hits the spot with Yves Smith on economic issues + American libertarian politics + the funding of Israel + internet freedom.

Pure propaganda, in Fox News style. Where does Russia Today get its funding? Or is the answer in the question?

Russia today is like the BBC, it is funded by the Russian tax payers.

Thus there are certain biases of course. For example they went heavy in pushing the Sukoi superjet and the Russian Stealth fighter/MAKs airshow.

However they tend to mention the things our own state propaganda channels won't touch with a barge pole. Like the UK torture inquiry which does not exist on UK media apparently.

Russia today is like the BBC, it is funded by the Russian tax payers.

Thus there are certain biases of course. For example they went heavy in pushing the Sukoi superjet and the Russian Stealth fighter/MAKs airshow.

However they tend to mention the things our own state propaganda channels won't touch with a barge pole. Like the UK torture inquiry which does not exist on UK media apparently.

Yes. And all that.

But I would like to invest in Alyona. The tragedy is she doesn't know.

Anyway, I'm pretty sure the Russian taxpayer has no idea what he's paying for RT.

I watch the Keiser Report on RT but find myself watching more and more news on RT too just to see some actually news stories.

The BBC and Sky simply harp on about the same story for days on end.

The four horsemen of the apocalypse could be riding into town but the BBC and Sky would still be showing pictures of some fools trying to yank a TV off the betting shop wall with their bare hands :lol:

I watch the Keiser Report on RT but find myself watching more and more news on RT too just to see some actually news stories.

The four horsemen of the apocalypse could be riding into town but the BBC and Sky would still be showing pictures of some fools trying to yank a TV off the betting shop wall with their bare hands :lol:

The BBC tend to have a "meme" and run with it. The sun could literally explode and they would still run with their meme.

Current "memes." Cuts, cuts and more cuts. Andy Coulson (cos it damages Cameron) and of course anything that results in coalition tensions.

It is funny being lectured on matters of "free speech" by a Putin mouthpiece though. That said I do find it an antidote for when the British news media record player needle has got "stuck" and needs a nudge.

like the BBC, it is funded by the Russian tax payers.

I know it seems this way because of the BBC's editorial policy, and doubtless many of the senior broadcasters are employed by Russian security services. However, ludicrously, the BBC is mostly financed by British people being forced into paying for a "license" to watch TV!

I think the BBC's days are numbered.

Most its supporters are (ironically) elderly tories who think of it as some sort of national institution or treasure and are probably nostaligic about its more innocent programming in the 60s and 70s.

To most people under 50 its irrelevant.

I think the BBC's days are numbered.

Most its supporters are (ironically) elderly tories who think of it as some sort of national institution or treasure and are probably nostaligic about its more innocent programming in the 60s and 70s.

To most people under 50 its irrelevant.

In general both RT and Moscow are babetastic. The rumour is that the Tsars Court was essentially a babe magnet a few hundred years ago, and these are the decendents of those women.

Same with Taiwan, when the KMT were defeated they retreated to Formosa with their mistresses and concubines (who were generally the prettiest women in China). Hence many Taiwanese girls are so much hotter than Mainland Chinese women...

The money grabbing attitude is still there though.

Same with Taiwan, when the KMT were defeated they retreated to Formosa with their mistresses and concubines (who were generally the prettiest women in China). Hence many Taiwanese girls are so much hotter than Mainland Chinese women...

The money grabbing attitude is still there though.

What about Korean girls Ken?

I went to Korea once!

What about Korean girls Ken?

I went to Korea once!

Its called plastic surgery. Koreans are absolutely obsessed with it...... hanging around Sincheon and Hongdae you really do see girls who look like photoshops in the flesh. Look on google images 'korean girls' every single one of them has had significant surgery.

Plastic surgery is less common in other parts of Asia. Mainland Chinese can't afford it. Check out google images and type in Chinese girls, or Taiwan girls and you get a lot more human looking pictures compared to the Korean ones. Even Jackie Chan has had it.

I've had non cosmetic facial surgery too, after being beaten up loads of times, I had to have my nose put back time after time after time after time.

Its called plastic surgery. Koreans are absolutely obsessed with it......

I've had non cosmetic facial surgery too, after being beaten up loads of times, I had to have my nose put back time after time after time after time.

Not what I saw Ken! they looked quite normal! But I was quite a long way from Seoul!

Sorry about you nose! I didn't know it was you! ;)

+1 the mainstream UK news is for brainwashed babies.