House Price Crash Forum

Bit Queit Here These Days Isn't It?

HOLA441
HOLA442

As per the topic.....

It's the holiday season innit?

And Ramadan.

Or maybe a lot of HPC-ers have been locked up due to looting? :)

HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449

Oooh the volatility....

Nearly back at £1,100.

Give it 5 more mins and it'll probably drop £50 again.... :lol:

HOLA4410

Oooh the volatility....

Nearly back at £1,100.

Give it 5 more mins and it'll probably drop £50 again.... :lol:

It's through $1800 again I see, from the looks of the chart is topped out at £1099 (for now). Shame really, it being a nice round number and all :)

HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417
  • 2 months later...
HOLA4418

And as I went on holiday I missed it! :o

Oh no i didn't as it turns out. :)

Gold went lower and I bought a handful of coins (all I could afford).

Now it looks like we're back to August prices but with extra volatility gradually heading towards $1,800 with violent swings.

Wouldn't be suprised to see it drop below $1,700 tomorrow only to shoot back up to $1,800 the day after.

What does suprise me though, is that with all the unrest about Europe why aren't the swings even more violent and ultimately heading a lot higher than they currently are?

Just thought i'd break the silence.......

• 4 months later...
HOLA4419

Anyone got any idea why the shiny stuff is going down at the moment?

Not complaining as I see this as an opportunity to fill my boots.

Just wondering what's driving this as as far as I can tell nothing's changed and the reasons for buying are still valid.

Edit to say - Currently $1653.

Edited by Spot

HOLA4420

I think that the price of gold rose because of the "global financial crisis", when investors panicked and sold their shares at the bottom to invest in a rapidly rising commodity. The popular press is now reporting that the euro crisis is over, the UK economy is going from strength to strength and the only real problem is banker's bonuses. So investors are starting to sell their gold (probably making a loss) to buy worthless governement bonds or shares in companies that could never hope of survive the coming financial crisis.

Also, large investment companies seem to change their protfolios regularly, the whole market being rigged to rise and fall.

Never forget that most investors are idiots, who do little or no research into companies or commodities that they invest in, and will invest in anything they are told to. They have very little understanding of the wider economy or the underlying trends which govern it . That is why you see great rises in commodities and shares, well above their actual worth, as many investors 'jump on the band wagon'.

People have short memories, the run on Northern Rock probably seems a lifetime ago.

HOLA4421

The popular press is now reporting that the euro crisis is over, the UK economy is going from strength to strength and the only real problem is banker's bonuses. So investors are starting to sell their gold (probably making a loss) to buy worthless governement bonds or shares in companies that could never hope of survive the coming financial crisis.

Nigel Farage, someone who knows exactly what is going on and tells it as it is.

Edited by Take Me Back To London!

HOLA4422

Not complaining as I see this as an opportunity to fill my boots.

Just wondering what's driving this as as far as I can tell nothing's changed and the reasons for buying are still valid.

Edit to say - Currently $1653.

I've had similar thoughts recently. The PMs market has fluctuated wildly but gone nowhere in the last six months. So is this a chance for a cheap buy or time to get out? I've no idea; just sitting on my hands and watching for now.

I stumbled across this while looking at one of Asheron's videos:

(just the part from from 0:45 till 1:30)

As Rogers says, perhaps gold is just having a much needed rest.

(edited to add video)

Edited by Quiet Guy