House Price Crash Forum
gruffydd

Big Job Cuts At Lloyds Tsb?

Anyone else heard rumours of big job cuts at Lloyds TSB? I'd heard that an American lady had been drafted in to slash jobs, and that several Directors had been sent on their way. I now hear that everyone's being made to go through various tests to see who, if anyone, should be sacked? Please note that this is just a rumour - not from a reliable source. Anyone else got news on this? Might have an impact on house prices in various locations.

Edited by gruffydd

Anyone else heard rumours of big job cuts at Lloyds TSB? I'd heard that an American lady had been drafted in to slash jobs, and that several Directors had been sent on their way. I now hear that everyone's being made to go through various tests to see who, if anyone, should be sacked? Please note that this is just a rumour - not from a reliable source. Anyone else got news on this? Might have an impact on house prices in various locations.

It's true. I work there. Don't think the impact will be noticeable in the wider context though

Well they need more staff if my experience is anything go by today.

I rang at 10am and asked for appointment to open a new business account with them. The person I spoke to gave me a number to ring. I rang it and they took all my details and said someone would ring me back. Of course nobody did.

Tomorrow I am going to open an account with Barclays.

They spend millions on advertising campaigns and swish litrature but try and open an account and you can't even get to speak to someone.

I was told by a friend that the initials TSB stood for Tough Sh** Ba$tard, indeed.

I rang at 10am and asked for appointment to open a new business account with them. The person I spoke to gave me a number to ring. I rang it and they took all my details and said someone would ring me back. Of course nobody did.

They spend millions on advertising campaigns and swish litrature but try and open an account and you can't even get to speak to someone.

yeah I haven't had any substantial problems but was a little perturbed to speak to some very polite Indians who *really* struggled to understand my dulcet Northern accent.

I draw nothing from this except that it is an inconvenience that I'd rather not have to deal with. I have more than enough inconveniences in my life already

This is a little ironic, since this is exactly what happened to me but the other way around :)

I have now been waiting 2 days for lloyds bank to get back to make so that I can make an appointment.

I did phone them again today and was told that it took up to 48 hours for them to return my call.

They know that I am trying to open a business account. As a new customer you would have thought somebody could have spared 2 minutes in the business day to open the appointments diary and book me in !!!

:(

Maybe that Branch isn't very good....

Our experience was very good and the Business Manager is excellent. But then I suspect most Business owners have a horror story or two to tell about Banks. Nice if you can actually get to open an account in the first place though.

However and coming back to the thread title, we've just been assigned a new Business Manager as part of a programme of changes, and our old one is moving "to a new role"; the monthly fee we paid is being scrapped and the nature of the way it works is changing a little.

I haven't read through it all yet so I don't know whether this ties in with redundancies as part of a restructure though it does seem co-incidental as the letter arrived today.