House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Fairies Wear Boots

London House

A guy at work was a bit upset 6 to 8 months ago. He was renting a 2 bed place he called 'cheap' having been in there for eight or so years and reckoned when they (him and girlfriend) moved out they would have to pay substantially more rent and his landlord had just informed him he was going to sell the place.

Anyway, the Landlord put it on the market for 250K. I thought that was amazingly cheap, but he reckons it needs a shed load of work done on it and is in crappy location.

Workmate plucked up the balls and made an offer of 200K. Which was rejected because the landlord was wanting 250K. I've just found it on Rightmove, now currently advertised for 240K. Someone rang him up today and told him he could have it for 210K! Sounds like workmate was dreaming, because he said he wasn't even sure he could get 200K.

I've suggested to him before that property prices could possibly come down. He doesn't believe he will be that lucky.