House Price Crash Forum

Negative Equity Increasing?

Ash4781

HOLA441

S&p negative equity report is quite scary. There seems to be a time and location divide. Negative equity seems to be worsening in some areas. Worst would seem those that bought up north in 2007.

The house price indexes seem to confirm heavy price falls in some regions

HOLA442

S&p negative equity report is quite scary. There seems to be a time and location divide. Negative equity seems to be worsening in some areas. Worst would seem those that bought up north in 2007.

The house price indexes seem to confirm heavy price falls in some regions

If negative equity is getting worse, does that mean things are getting better, or worse?

HOLA443
HOLA444

While visiting family in Barnsley last weekend (no-one wants to live there voluntarily admittedly). Every street I went down was loaded with 'For Sale'signs. Still building though...

Since my last visit several years ago I noticed several major shops had shut and a marked increase in Pound/Bargain stores and Market Stalls for market day.

HOLA445
HOLA446

While visiting family in Barnsley last weekend (no-one wants to live there voluntarily admittedly). Every street I went down was loaded with 'For Sale'signs. Still building though...

Since my last visit several years ago I noticed several major shops had shut and a marked increase in Pound/Bargain stores and Market Stalls for market day.

they will of course all blame it on the conservatives

HOLA447

they will of course all blame it on the conservatives

The phrase - 'you could pin a labour badge on a monkey and it'd still win' was common before I left - probably still is.

To add to the earlier point regarding Barnsley and current job prospects I had a quick look at jobs as I briefly (very briefly) considered moving back.

Minimal skilled jobs available - Shift work at unfavourable hours no longer pays a premium.

That town is dying on its ar$e