House Price Crash Forum
unamerican

Web Site For Renting Property In London

Findaproperty or Rightmove.

I agree; though with Loot you circumvent Estate Agents (well, most of the time you do). Findaproperty & Rightmove together are the two best tools to get a sense of local property & rental prices for the Southeast.

500 pcm - 800 pcm to share a flat with 3 other people.

what a fecking rip off.

Yeah, that's not MoveFlat's fault though is it? It's free to use if you're looking which is great, much better than Loot and Flatshare.co.uk or roommate thingy. It's not the greatest search tool, but it's usually refreshed daily so there's not many stale adverts.

You're really asking "where are all the cheap flats advertised?". Gumtree may be cheaper, though you may end up sharing with lots of different transients.

gumtree

is sh*te unless you want to live in a 4 bed with 9 antipodeans sleeping top-to-toe.

I think those days are gone for the most part - which may be another indicator of economic downturn.

I gather that 3-5yrs ago, if you were a newcomer in London looking for a place, you would have to respond to the ad on the day it was posted, and then you would probably wind up in a queue stacked up outside.

Now the ads last a lot longer and when I checked out some places earlier in the year, I got a sense that the landlords/other tenants were more than a little keen to get someone in.

Which suggests that there are a lot fewer transients/newcomers/"normal tenants" floating around London these days. Either they all bought houses or they chipped off home cuz there isn't any work for them anymore

I'd disagree. Good Old London Town is still rammed with Australians, Kiwis and South Africans.

Give it a year or so and they're pack off home...laughing all the way to the bank.

i think its the landlords in ripoff london who are doing all the laughing.

I'd disagree. Good Old London Town is still rammed with Australians, Kiwis and South Africans.

Give it a year or so and they're pack off home...laughing all the way to the bank.

certainly! There are still plenty of them around... perhaps less than there used to be though... from 900,000 to 800,000 (plucked from the air) may not affect our perceptions too much, but it will have a substantial affect on the margins of housing demand.

I should state that my opinion is formed from speaking to my colonial chums. Purely anecdotal you understand, as I have only been in London a year, so anything before that is second-hand evidence

gumtree

is sh*te unless you want to live in a 4 bed with 9 antipodeans sleeping top-to-toe.

Yeah, but it's cheap, plenty of booze, house parties 5 nights a week, strangers smoking pot in the lounge, and you get laid more often than Chasey Lain.

Sounds like hell.

Edited by BandWagon

Yeah, but it's cheap, plenty of booze, house parties 5 nights a week, strangers smoking pot in the lounge, and you get laid more often than Chasey Lain.

Sounds like hell.

:lol::lol::lol: