House Price Crash Forum
exiges

Fear Phase ?

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-19310961.html

Description says:

LOOK! MAKE A SERIOUS OFFER BY 31 AUGUST! 8 BEDROOMS, 4 RECEPTION ROOMS, 2 KITCHENS, 2 BATHROOMS, SELF CONTAINED COTTAGE, STUNNING HOUSE AT A 'NEGOTIABLE' PRICE! The Manor is a magnificent Grade I Listed Tudor with Victorian extension house that was originally built in 1510. With many ...

Description says:

LOOK! MAKE A SERIOUS OFFER BY 31 AUGUST! 8 BEDROOMS, 4 RECEPTION ROOMS, 2 KITCHENS, 2 BATHROOMS, SELF CONTAINED COTTAGE, STUNNING HOUSE AT A 'NEGOTIABLE' PRICE! The Manor is a magnificent Grade I Listed Tudor with Victorian extension house that was originally built in 1510. With many ...

Could you write to rightmove and say, LOOK, QUOTE A SERIOUS SELLING PRICE BY 30 AUGUST AND WE WILL THINK ABOUT IT.

Description says:

Fear alright - if they didn't get the renovations agred with the listed buildings officer.

Grade 1 is going to be a PITA.

Description says:

Heh. That's a lot of house, even for that price! How the other half live ....

Description says:

I saw that today, I've seen a few "open to offer" signs appearing on rightmove.

My mates been trying to sell for 9 months now, all viewings dried up. He has no work coming in, no money coming in. I'm wondering how long he can last. He was talking about trying to take out a bank loan to pay some of his bills!!! ( EDIT: P.S. I wish I was kidding about that last bit, but he was serious. :( )

Edited by TheCountOfNowhere

I've had my eye on a few houses lately.

Yesterday when I looked one was down from £300k to offers over £270k, dunno quite what they mean by that. Another that has been on the market for well over a year has gone from £275k to £270.

There's some fear on rightmoves Facebook page at the moment. Lots of people saying they can't sell, asking if anyone else is having no viewings or is it just them, people saying they are £25k below Market value and still nothing (obviously still above Market value then! As someone pointed out) No panic yet though.

General feeling is that it's going to get worse :)

There's some fear on rightmoves Facebook page at the moment. Lots of people saying they can't sell, asking if anyone else is having no viewings or is it just them, people saying they are £25k below Market value and still nothing (obviously still above Market value then! As someone pointed out) No panic yet though.

General feeling is that it's going to get worse :)

Any chance of a link?

That looks more like anger than fear to me. Give me money dammit! Is how i read that. 'serious' offer means 'agree that it's worth what i think it is and give me the money I've already spent'

Any chance of a link?

Sorry can't, can only see on an iPhone app at the moment. Got no wifi and it will take me most of the day to google it!

Could you write to rightmove and say, LOOK, QUOTE A SERIOUS SELLING PRICE BY 30 AUGUST AND WE WILL THINK ABOUT IT.

Actually, compared to a lot of (overpriced) houses i've seen advertised where I am in Solihull it doesn't seem like a daft price.

Out of my price range unfortunately though.... :lol:

Any chance of a link?

Perhaps THIS link here?

Julia Wyse I changed agent, put the price UP, had 4 new viewings and sold within 1 month, the buyer had been on their books for ages so gawd knows why he didn't come and view when it was with the original agents

Im calling BS on this comment though, such deception all over the place, you can smell the fear :lol:

Our concern is that we have since had our property on the market reduced by 23k. Since then we have had offers at our asking price but the buyers have struggled with funds. So by offering cash back it could help those who are struggling for a deposit?

Just LOL really...

Edited by JustAnotherProle

Heh. That's a lot of house, even for that price! How the other half live ....

I think they've done a good job with the photo's. Check it out on google street view and you see one side of the house backs right onto a road and they're next door to a church and a school. last sold for £900,000 in 2007. So it's really worth £400,000 :D

I wonder how many fans of this RM FB page are also fans of Kirstie Allsopp?

Id have a guess at a high 90 percentile? :blink:

Advice please! Have just dropped another ten grand off our house, have had a fourth bed added (and because we have dropped the price will have to take the loan with us when we move which we took out to do this) & have changed estate agents three times. We are now nearly twenty grand below it's market value yet are STILL not getting viewers - one in a year! HELP!

Kirstie said property only went up though, I dont get it, my heart bleeds ;)

That looks more like anger than fear to me. Give me money dammit! Is how i read that. 'serious' offer means 'agree that it's worth what i think it is and give me the money I've already spent'

I would offer about £650k for that. Huge upkeep bills and with being listed it can cause problems with the 'right' materials when things need refurbishing. It doesn't have much land or is a bit silent.

It would be more in some counties surrounding London like sussex or surrey, but not Northhants.

In fact we should all email an offer something between £620k and £680k to cheer up the vendor and so they know just how vibrant with offers the market really is (at the right price of course)

It's a nice looking house, but 850k might as well be 8.5 million as far as im concerned. it's a huge amount of wonga - its a ridiculous price for a house.. I can only imagine the obscene upkeep costs of a place like that.

I think they've done a good job with the photo's. Check it out on google street view and you see one side of the house backs right onto a road and they're next door to a church and a school. last sold for £900,000 in 2007.

We're 20% off 2007.. so £720k it is the current going rate.. that's before you factor in falls from this point.

We're 20% off 2007.. so £720k it is the current going rate.. that's before you factor in falls from this point.

You need to factor in the europhia and extra stupidity that was about in 2007... :lol:

You need to factor in the europhia and extra stupidity that was about in 2007... :lol:

Lets not forget that the market overshoots on the way down as well.

Someone had better break the bad news to the vendor, £60k tops, if they negotiate hard and throw in the antique furniture.

Edited by leicestersq

Love how the first thing they mention in the facilities is: BURGULAR ALARM!!

Getting planning for a burglar alarm on a grade 1 listed house was probably an achievement.