House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
rantnrave

More Stockmarket Falls

DAX and CAC40 down over 2% presently. FTSE down over 1% so far...

It'll be panic stations again then, odd how the very same panic stations are not manned when the indexes are going up 2-3% a day.

good to see the short selling ban work so well.

I heard an explanation on the short selling ban on BBC radio ( i think it was )...it went along the lines of.

People spread negative rumours then have a bet on the stock market going down.

When I heard that I thought, hang on, can't they spread positive rumours and bet on the stock market going up....

Edited by TheCountOfNowhere

I heard an explanation on the short selling ban on BBC radio ( i think it was )...it went along the lines of.

People spread negative rumours then have a bet on the stock market going down.

When I heard that I thought, hang on, can't they spread positive rumours and bet on the stock market going up....

odd to think a market can go up, or down.

surely, if everyone thinks a market is going down, then surely holders of stocks would do well to sell and cash in later, as the shorters do?

Barc -2.92%

RBS -2.16%

LLOY -0.95%

was speaking with a lady who has worked for LLoyds all her life and has to retire next month her pension is somehow linked to the share price she was so distraught all her plans are now in ruins while her bosses turn up for work smiling in their new porsche's . At least she is to old to riot so the Government wont give a shxx about her.

No, you see Fear is the strongest human emotion its what enabled humans to survive upto now, so coupled with cleverly worded rumours popping up on websites like this one which convey little detail so as to avoid any legal come back and lets the readers imagination run wild

We'll you'd think that but the way the British cling onto the hope that house prices will always go up I'd have to disagree :lol:

I'm no economist (despite getting the highest mark nationwide in my A Level Economics B)), but for an export lead economy like Germany to do well then surely it needs overseas buyers. In the US and UK, they're disappearing down the rabbit hole right now though.

The Eurozone needs a strong German economy however if it has any hope to get out of the current debt crisis. Bearing that in mind and with these GDP figures, I'm surprised that the markets aren't falling further...

Edited by rantnrave

Not true, just from a logical standpoint. For violent crime to have any appreciable impact on death rates amongst the elderly it would have to go up many, many thousands of times.

ve need more efficient methods...

I kept an eye out for the "FTSE RISES 12.5% in 5 days" thread but must have missed it.

I'm no economist (despite getting the highest mark nationwide in my A Level Economics B)), but for an export lead economy like Germany to do well then surely it needs overseas buyers. In the US and UK, they're disappearing down the rabbit hole right now though.

The Eurozone needs a strong German economy however if it has any hope to get out of the current debt crisis. Bearing that in mind and with these GDP figures, I'm surprised that the markets aren't falling further...

The EZ needs Germany to exit their currency and reflate.

They've squeezed all they can out of the poor piggies and now it's time to say goodbye.

Hoarding doesn't work forever.

sugar-your-fired.jpg

All it needs is a speech bubble saying "my bank shares are worthless. I am a turd for listening to advice to buy them."

it wont reduce pension liabilites if they're on defined benefits.

have to say that these kids are gonna be well p1ssed off when they find out how long they gotta work to keep their teachers/police etc in the style they're accustomed too

not as pissed off as the upcoming retirees when they they only get back 10p/20p in the pound

Edited by Mary Cassatt

No, you see Fear is the strongest human emotion its what enabled humans to survive upto now, so coupled with cleverly worded rumours popping up on websites like this one which convey little detail so as to avoid any legal come back and lets the readers imagination run wild

http://www.housepricecrash.co.uk/forum/index.php?showtopic=167757

and people even those that lurk maybe exposed directly or know someone directly exposed and will think they are doing someone a favour and pass this message on. The lack of background knowledge as to who this person really is whats missed. Theres countless examples of this sort of behaviour all over the web and even throughout this website if one cares to look. Its a sort of viral action much like we saw with the riots and the BBM messages going viral to get people into the rioting and looting.

Anyway becuase people are cautious and protective over their money this is why things happen. Follow the Breadcrumbs and the authorities except perhaps the US have a clue. If the UK and others do know whats going on then they turn a blind eye to it or adopt the neither confirm or deny attitude.

So thats why you will rarely see positive virals for this sort of stuff.

:lol:

Fear and greed are the two drivers of markets. Trying to blunt one so that the other gets more attention is essentially like trying to rig the market.

There is a reason people are fearful and it's nothing to do with the way the markets work. The governments have conspired with the bankers and created an almighty mess, which is now falling apart at the seams. The market always trumps the governments in the end, but the latter just hate and refuse to admit it.

Edited by Traktion

We'll you'd think that but the way the British cling onto the hope that house prices will always go up I'd have to disagree :lol:

It is not fear, IT IS UNSUSTAINABLE DEBT!! The markets will remain shaky until the debt situation is settled around the world. That will not happen very quickly because actually there is no answer - most coubtries in the the EU and the US cannot repay the debts aor even bring a halt to adding to them currently. No wonder the world does not want to lend anymore. It's not a situation where one country has gone wrong, can cut its deficit vigorously and return to growth by devaluing and exporting rapidly. They are all very ill economies. It's not a time when we can just have few nasty cuts and then the whole govt finance mess puts itself right. By and Large there are debts which can ONLY be inflated away over time, making everyone poorer on the way. Otherwise it is default and for some countries that's what it will be.

The pretence that there is a real recovery is nonsense. The whole bandwaggon is gradually slowing and will return to recession. Germany, that powerhouse cannot even avoid the strain anymore.

The pressure to pull down house prices is still building. But even some parts of London are beginning to crumble and that is a clear sign. The South east shield is about to fall as nearly nil transaction levels approach. No autumn buyers without large discounts!! I would want 35-40% off current prices before I will buy.

a lot of company pensions had/have a fair chunk of their own bonds/stocks in the pot.her pension wouldn't be directly linked to the shre price.reality is that the bankers have scammed a lot of moeny out of the system before it goes pop.paying these idiots millions and still they didn't have the brains to realsie we were in a massive credit bubble and not a new paradigm.

******g disgrace.

Didnt go into real specifics with her as she was so upset and having a few lagers really loosened her pent up anger ,she mentioned her share options which she was hoping to utilise were virtually worthless and before Brown made them merge with Halifax were virtually cast iron, wonder how many more of these victims they are in the UK.

German economy is slowing because none of us are buying their stuff now.

All the emphasis has been on China making a fortune from the West but Germany has been no different. All those flash German cars you see being driven around the PIIGS, etc. The Germans can slag the rest of us off but if we had not been buying their stuff who would have been?

It was only a matter of time before this happened and it probably will snowball now - unless the Germans can find a lucrative market on Mars.

This makes the inevitable crash more likely IMPO as the less Germany grows, the less money it will have to bail out other EU countries... plus less inclination to do so...

The South east shield is about to fall as nearly nil transaction levels approach. No autumn buyers without large discounts!! I would want 35-40% off current prices before I will buy.

The sooner the better as far as I'm concerned. I did get the feeling of a smidgen off the asking prices a few months ago, so hopefully you're right about the SE shield about to fall. It's about time.

The sooner the better as far as I'm concerned. I did get the feeling of a smidgen off the asking prices a few months ago, so hopefully you're right about the SE shield about to fall. It's about time.

One of the big City recruit firms, Michael Page I think, is reporting profits down or something due to reduced job hiring in London and the City.

Thank goodness all the super rich are coming to live in Hackney and luvvie-filled Ealing.