House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

interestrateripoff

Is This Britain's Drunkest Woman? Out-Of-Control Mother, 31, Drinks 28 Pints A Day

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2026017/Dawn-Marsden-Out-control-mother-31-drinks-28-pints-DAY.html

The staggering alcohol addiction of a mother who drinks up to 28 pints a day has emerged in court.

Dawn Marsden, 31, sometimes drinks as much as 84 units in 24 hours, an amount NHS guidelines recommend as acceptable for women to consume over an entire month.

She was so drunk during the court hearing that she had to ask a reporter what her sentence was only moments after being given a six-month conditional discharge and ordered to pay compensation of £28.02 and £45 in costs.

I have no idea how you could consume this, christ I'd never be off the toilet.

Wow, the most I have ever done is about 25 pints in one week, and that was a lot.

Where does she get the money from, 28 pints would cost about £75?

If she drinks that much every day then thats over 2K a month.

Wow, the most I have ever done is about 25 pints in one week, and that was a lot.

Grhhh! Call yourself a HPC'er... the devils in the detail, it says she drinks upto 28 pints a day!

"She was so drunk during the court hearing that she had to ask a reporter what her sentence was only moments after being given a six-month conditional discharge and ordered to pay compensation of £28.02 and £45 in costs."

Yet she knows how much she drinks. Mmm. There is a flaw in this somewhere. Can't quite work it out.

(picture posed by model) - thank you Daily Mail otherwise I would think it was the picture of the woman in question! :lol:

:lol:

That's how Dawn Marsden would look to you if you'd drunk 28 pints.

If you drink that much you'd want homebrew.

I've never gone in for that, 'cos the relatively short shelf-life of beer would push me to drink a lot more just to avoid it having time to go off. But at 28 pints/day you'd be getting through a couple of homebrew-sized barrels every bloomin' week!

28 pints a day? Seems like a reasonable night out.

Put us lightweights to shame why don't you. My father-in-law went to the pub last week and came back 3hrs later having consumed 12 pints (well 0.5l) and a couple of shots of vodka. He barely came across as tipsy!

'She overdosed two weeks ago and almost died.

'That shows that this is a problem that needs addressing.'

Is it.

Stop treating her if she overdoses again.

I suspect that she doesn't drink 28 pints but their equivalent in spirits - you could get down 2 bottles of Vodka a day physically in a way that 28 pints wouldn't be possible, especially for a woman.

The best I’ve ever done was a 15 hour session where I managed a quarter bottle of vodka and coke (on the bus), 23 pints and a few southern comforts.

I wasn’t even of legal drinking age at the time.

Nowadays around 6-8 sees me tipsy, 8-12 inebriated and 13+ completely ****holed.

I have no idea what the most I have ever drunk is but I do remember the hangover lasted two days and nights and the various minor injuries took a fortnight to heal. I had to apologise for some things I did not remember.

I had to apologise for some things I did not remember.

That's only ever happened to me once and I've never drunk that much since.

Before that, no matter how much I drank, I always seemed to have full recall of what I'd done the previous evening. Not having that worried me a lot.

These days I only have a drink every 6 weeks or so (on average) and never get more than mildly tipsy.

That's only ever happened to me once and I've never drunk that much since.

Before that, no matter how much I drank, I always seemed to have full recall of what I'd done the previous evening. Not having that worried me a lot.

These days I only have a drink every 6 weeks or so (on average) and never get more than mildly tipsy.

It was a long time ago now but the lesson remains learnt.