House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

interestrateripoff

Chinese Flock To The Most Packed Swimming Pool In The World

I get the feeling a lot of indian/chinese people don't do stuff because they actually enjoy it, but for one-ups-manship so they can brag to their peers. It's a status symbol.

I've also noticed the same thing with middle class young people in the UK trying to one-up each other by going to the worst 3rd world craphole places for holidays, so they can brag about it on facebook and appear to have a more interesting life than their peers.

I get the feeling a lot of indian/chinese people don't do stuff because they actually enjoy it, but for one-ups-manship so they can brag to their peers. It's a status symbol.

I've also noticed the same thing with middle class young people in the UK trying to one-up each other by going to the worst 3rd world craphole places for holidays, so they can brag about it on facebook and appear to have a more interesting life than their peers.

They've probably got better-looking girlfriends than you, too. ;)

With such a large population and little cash for luxuries like swimming pools like we have in the west, it's no big surprise! I would love to visit China - seems like a mystical land to me :)

Global leader in veruccas, by the look of that pool....

Dunno about that, I've rarely seen people in China walk around barefoot, mothers and wives quite often carry around flipflops and disposible single use flip flops as well.

The madness of crowds. <_<

The Chinese economy has been looking a bit ropey of late. When the tide goes out we'll find out who's been swimming naked. And who's overstretched themselves financially too. ;)

China is a racist country , i don't see any African asylum seekers in that photo.What gives??

Why do only majority white countries need to accept these no hopers.

China is a racist country , i don't see any African asylum seekers in that photo.What gives??

The presence of so many immigrants in this country is not a sign of its failure but a clear reminder of its imperial past; we had global empire, the Chinese didn't so naturally they look to us. Their faults as subjects are, to some extent, Britain's failings as masters.

Had we not had an empire they wouldn't be coming here, but then again you wouldn't have a platform for sounding off your prejudice either.

This is true, but then everybody in the world is racist to a certain extent. The DZO for example where I jump doesn't think he is racist, yet he thinks it is funny to shout at me sore finger and pull the corners of his eyes at me.

The presence of so many immigrants in this country is not a sign of its failure but a clear reminder of its imperial past; we had global empire, the Chinese didn't so naturally they look to us. Their faults as subjects are, to some extent, Britain's failings as masters.

Had we not had an empire they wouldn't be coming here, but then again you wouldn't have a platform for sounding off your prejudice either.

What a cop out , the empire ended in the 1960s , mass immigration has only been going on for the last 25 years.

Do you belong to the 'Guilt' crowd , that feels shame for what Britain did? You must feel great wells of happiness when Britain send aid money to India even though India has a space program and the UK does not.

Hmmm - I bet the water quality is just lovely. All those chloramines, ammonia, faecal matter, urine ......ewwwww

heh pretty much like UK swimming pools tbh..... BTW people shower twice BEFORE they get into the pool (be it a hot tub, Jinjilban or Japanese bath house). Unlike the UK where people only shower after. eww

heh pretty much like UK swimming pools tbh..... BTW people shower twice BEFORE they get into the pool (be it a hot tub, Jinjilban or Japanese bath house). Unlike the UK where people only shower after. eww

That will help with water quality somewhat. We try and encourage the locals here to shower before using the pools. The message is slowly getting through.

I heard in the uk the latest craze is to do a poo in a pool, film it and post on Facebook :ph34r:

Lets not pretend the pool they are swimming in is clean.Imagine how much urine is in that thing....

What a cop out , the empire ended in the 1960s , mass immigration has only been going on for the last 25 years.

Do you belong to the 'Guilt' crowd , that feels shame for what Britain did? You must feel great wells of happiness when Britain send aid money to India even though India has a space program and the UK does not.

The empire may have ended in the 1960s, but when you've been the most powerful, most advanced country in the world for several centuries your reputation lingers in memories around the world, that's why so many foreigners look to this country as a safe haven made of milk and honey.

Little do they know . . .