House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
danlee74

D.c.l.g. Out Tomorrow

Mind you, they seriously over-egged it Aug-10 (http://www.forexfactory.com/calendar.php#chart=35095)... I hope they have done the same this year and that it comes in negative. Bracing for disappointment tho, and so soon after the deluded Rightmove yoy finally went negative.

We'll see ...

Also inflation figures out and I note that Forex Factory suggest that all measures will hold or edge up, particularly noticeable is the Core CPI rise from 2.8% to 3.1% - could be a good day (or not so good) ...

Mind you, they seriously over-egged it Aug-10 (http://www.forexfactory.com/calendar.php#chart=35095)... I hope they have done the same this year and that it comes in negative. Bracing for disappointment tho, and so soon after the deluded Rightmove yoy finally went negative.

We'll see ...

Also inflation figures out and I note that Forex Factory suggest that all measures will hold or edge up, particularly noticeable is the Core CPI rise from 2.8% to 3.1% - could be a good day (or not so good) ...

How laggy is DGLC?

How laggy is DGLC?

More laggy than a laggy thing with extra lag!

I believe that CPI could be in for a fairly big rise as even if the index remains fairly stable it will still take the headline yoy figure up.

Edited by Pent Up

Why is this data not up-to-date in the table on the HPC front page? It would be nice to see the full set of red arrows soon..... (tempting fate(!))

Last month's (May's) release is here http://www.communities.gov.uk/publications/corporate/statistics/hpi052011.

The key points from the release were:

• In May UK house prices decreased by 1.6 per cent over the year and decreased by 0.5 per cent over the month (seasonally adjusted).
  • The average mix-adjusted UK house price was £203,528 (not seasonally adjusted).
  • Average house prices were 0.1 per cent lower over the quarter to May, compared to a quarterly decrease of 0.3 per cent over the quarter to February (seasonally adjusted).
  • Average prices decreased during the year in England (-1.3 per cent) and also decreased in Wales (-6.1 per cent), Scotland (-2.5 per cent) and Northern Ireland (-13.2 per cent).
  • Prices paid by first time buyers were 2.1 per cent lower on average than a year earlier and prices paid by former owner occupiers also decreased by 1.4 per cent.
  • Prices for new properties were 7.8 per cent higher on average than a year earlier whilst prices for pre-owned dwellings decreased by 2.3 per cent.