• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446

What about controls on the currently uncontrolled immigration?

No point in covering the nation in concrete and new housing if it just encourages, and our government encourages, new visitors to our land. That has to be a key component of any plan to end the housing debacle.

There are already numerous petitions there raising this issue.

HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449

Duly signed, like others there are some points in the petition that i am less keen on but overall i believe it is worth signing so that the matter can be given the debate it deserves.

Don't forget to pass it on, too.

HOLA4410

Where was total debt forgiveness in that thread?

Anyway at least you made an effort and total debt forgiveness could never happen in the UK, our banking masters wouldn't allow it, so I'll sign it.

I suggested Jingle Mail in the original thread, as I believe that contributed to the HPC that has happened and is continuing in the states. Given the way the government and legal system works here, I don't expect retrospective implementation. However, if some form of Jingle Mail option were introduced for all future mortgage contracts here, that would motivate some due diligence by the lenders imho. It would be fine if the FSA were capable of imposing same, but I don't see that happening any time soon. To be fair, I was also expecting a little more debate there before the petition submission.

Q

HOLA4411

To be fair, I was also expecting a little more debate there before the petition submission.

Sorry about that but, as I said, they were rejecting duplicate petitions, so I wanted to get something submitted quickly.

HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415

10-15 more signatures and it will make it onto the first page of the Her Majesty's Treasury department section of the website, which is a step forward for wider reading. :)

IMHO, this is all about widening the debate. On that basis, it is worth signing it even if you don't agree with every point made.

HOLA4416

http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/3882

Everyone sign it, please!

Oh, and send it to your friends and family to sign too.

Signed it. Won't hold my breath. Every single person in the country knew about disaffected youth 4 weeks ago. Suddenly everyone cares after they kicked off. I don't agree with their actions, but sadly violence is the only language boomers understand. They will sympathise to the end of the earth but you will only take their assets from their cold, dead hands.

HOLA4417
HOLA4418

I suggested Jingle Mail in the original thread, as I believe that contributed to the HPC that has happened and is continuing in the states. Given the way the government and legal system works here, I don't expect retrospective implementation. However, if some form of Jingle Mail option were introduced for all future mortgage contracts here, that would motivate some due diligence by the lenders imho. It would be fine if the FSA were capable of imposing same, but I don't see that happening any time soon. To be fair, I was also expecting a little more debate there before the petition submission.

Q

It assumes that bankers care what happens in the future as regards unpaid debts. If they were going to be locked up maybe they would be motivated towards more due diligence. Unfortunately they are more likely to get bonuses now and pensioned off if their debts went pear shaped.

Maybe the US crash is because they had even sillier lending than us, more supply of houses, relatively less immigration and a tax system not as biased towards rentiers?

HOLA4419

A e-petition? I am sure David Cameron and the mandarins are quaking in their boots :lol:

And yet you've still made the effort to post that comment..

Care to suggest anything better or are you just after the 'most threads trolled in one day' title?

HOLA4420
HOLA4421
HOLA4422
HOLA4423
HOLA4424

Personally, I think anyone who agrees with 90% of this should sign it.

Here's a HPCer who has taken action to try and get something done. They haven't just started a thread about something, they're trying to get this discussed at the highest levels.

If we can't unite around the bigger picture here then we're effectively saying that we'd rather just discuss these issues rather than see them changed. It's as simpe as that.

There's no chance that everything being suggested is going to be implemented. An opportunity to even have these issues raised in Parliament is incredible nevertheless. It would be very sad to see this initiative shot down in flames by those that ultimately support the goal of affordable housing.

The alternative is that everyone writes and submits their own proposals. 100,000 different versions get submitted which gather one vote each. The opportunity is wasted and the outcome is a big fat nothing.

+1

good post

I've signed

HOLA4425