House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

David Cameron: It's Time For A Zero Tolerance Approach To Street Crime

http://www.telegraph...reet-crime.html

'The Prime Minister uses an interview with The Sunday Telegraph to promise a series of tough measures, to be unveiled in the coming months, to fight crime and reclaim the streets from rioters, looters and gangs. '

not intending to defend the looters at all,what they did was wrong, wrong, wrong,, but what's sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander.

loads of MP's got away with blue murder,bankers privatised the profits,socialized the losses but that's not fraud?all of a sudden 'hug a hoodie' dave gives a toss about poor people suffering daily.where does he think these kids learned their morals but watching bankers and polticians bleed us dry?

prime example=former home secretary jackie smith who claimed her sisters back bedroom as her main home and then claimed the costs of her family home from parliament.all within the rules apparently.joe public may take a diffierent view.

can't imagine why these kids are confused about boundaries and it's no wonder they're keen to become investment bankers.

bull crap they just turn a blind eye on MPs or the rich, yet persecute the poor.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/crime/8700243/David-Cameron-on-UK-riots-Its-time-for-a-zero-tolerance-approach-to-street-crime.html

'The Prime Minister uses an interview with The Sunday Telegraph to promise a series of tough measures, to be unveiled in the coming months, to fight crime and reclaim the streets from rioters, looters and gangs. '

not intending to defend the looters at all,what they did was wrong, wrong, wrong,, but what's sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander.

loads of MP's got away with blue murder,bankers privatised the profits,socialized the losses but that's not fraud?all of a sudden 'hug a hoodie' dave gives a toss about poor people suffering daily.where does he think these kids learned their morals but watching bankers and polticians bleed us dry?

prime example=former home secretary jackie smith who claimed her sisters back bedroom as her main home and then claimed the costs of her family home from parliament.all within the rules apparently.joe public may take a diffierent view.

can't imagine why these kids are confused about boundaries and it's no wonder they're keen to become investment bankers.

Have to say Cameron is starting to get on my tits now.

There appear to be no thought out policies just PR spin and sound bites aimed at the next days headlines.

I am not aware even the most liberal courts and police authorities have ever tolerated serious street crime such as robbery, arson and aggravated burglary. The most effective deterrent is the likelihood of arrest and prosecution something the government is making less likely by slashing police manpower.

BTW the BBC gives the interesting statistic that over 83 % of the suspected rioters brought before the courts were over 18 so the idea that the main culprits were out of control school kids does not seem to be borne out by the figures. Either the kids were much better at running away or most of the rioters were young adults.

As you rightly point out the streets are not the only place looting has been rampant in the past few years. The chief lesson I am getting from recent events is that if you want to commit a crime and get away with it then get a suit and a job in the financial sector, journalism or politics.

There appear to be no thought out policies just PR spin and sound bites aimed at the next days headlines.

+1 on both points

I am not aware even the most liberal courts and police authorities have ever tolerated serious street crime such as robbery, arson and aggravated burglary. The most effective deterrent is the likelihood of arrest and prosecution something the government is making less likely by slashing police manpower.

BTW the BBC gives the interesting statistic that over 83 % of the suspected rioters brought before the courts were over 18 so the idea that the main culprits were out of control school kids does not seem to be borne out by the figures. Either the kids were much better at running away or most of the rioters were young adults.

As you rightly point out the streets are not the only place looting has been rampant in the past few years. The chief lesson I am getting from recent events is that if you want to commit a crime and get away with it then get a suit and a job in the financial sector, journalism or politics.

some poor sods living sink estates live with behaviour like this like this every day of their lives.

Its a bit rich that now it became a bit visible for those who dont watch Dispatches and the odd community investigation, that politicians feel they have a need to do something.

As with all political issues, if the carpet is disturbed, they need to sweep it back under.

Cameron is still a nothing...he was a nothing in opposition and he is a nothing now...and dont get me started on the Osborne child.

We've spent decades PAYING idiots to produce more idiots.

Then when we have army of idiots we sell their future to the bankers.

Somehow I can't bring myself to blame the idiots.

So far I have come to the conclusion that New Labour may as well have continued in power. We've had far more problems since the Tories have taken the reigns. Don't get me wrong, I no longer vote for any of them as they are all crap but they've done f*ck all for the common man as per usual.