House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Asheron

The Real Reasons Behind The Uk Uprising ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qu2fJN18Au4&feature=player_embedded

Darcus Howe, a West Indian Writer and Broadcaster with a voice about the riots. Speaking about the mistreatment of youths by police leading to an up-roar and the ignorance of both police and the government .This old man seems to be one of the few that understand that the newer generation is going to change the world. The thing is weather the people who run the world today want it or not, its going to change, Since they will be handing it over to us eventually

What a load of crap.

+1. That idiot being interviewed was living in the past. This is nothing like 1981. I was there, a teenager, in 1981. This is no 1981.

The rioting was in the main a laugh and a giggle and an excuse to loot and cause mayhem.

He was very emotional though and in times like that one has to be careful not to inflame the situation on the ground.

It does seem that recently the government/ establishment are starting to talk about relaxing planning permission. Perhaps the riots are getting through to them. Seems to me riots are the only way for the people to stand up for themselves considering the political debates on television and in newspapers are all either one sided or non-issues.

Sadly most people in my generation don't have a clue about how politics and economics works and why things are the way they are right now so an intellectual uprising would be impossible, hence why riots are the only option left. And even though most people my age can't voice their opinions in as intellectual a way as I can, they can make themselves known in other ways.

I do believe that the HPC forum as one of the few UK based forums where political/ economic debates take place has helped support my generations cause through non-violent means, which is a great thing.

That Telegraph article is interesting. I'm sure before now I've not seen a quote like this from the Telegraph-

"Tony Blair created a generation without hope or aspiration – and we must pay the price"

It seems at least some of the media establishment realise that they are going to have to start supporting my generation if they want things to settle down.

edit: here's the article- http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/law-and-order/8698033/New-Labours-toxic-legacy.html

This Peter Osborne guy is a moron how can he spout all of those credible points and then go on to state the obvious solution that people should find jobs but not say where these jobs will be coming from?

He doesn't even mention our artificially high tax and land prices as a cause of no manufacturing jobs which is why there are so few jobs, when that's obvious to most HPC regulars, not only obvious but forms a great deal of the debates we have.

Perhaps there is something very sinister going on in the minds of these middle class journalists. Along the lines of not wanting to discuss the causes of our high cost society because they are still enjoying their paper profit on their property portfolios. It seems the whole media establishment AND the government are vehemently opposed to my generation. More rioting I say.