House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
interestrateripoff

No Revision In Uk Q2 Gdp - Still At 0.2%

http://uk.reuters.com/article/2011/08/12/uk-q2-construction-idUKTRE77B16C20110812

Construction output rose by 0.5 percent in the second quarter, official data showed on Friday, leaving the preliminary estimate for gross domestic product growth unchanged.

The Office for National Statistics said construction output rose at the same rate on the quarter that it had assumed when it calculated preliminary GDP data released last month. Year-on-year, construction output fell by 1.6 percent, compared to a first estimate of a 1.4 percent contraction.

The ONS had incorrectly stated earlier on Friday that construction output rose by 2.3 percent in the second quarter, giving a 0.8 percent annual increase.

Construction makes up about 6 percent of the British economy. Weaker than expected second-quarter industrial output data is expected to trim about 0.03 percentage points of the preliminary 0.2 percent estimate of Q2 GDP growth.

Yet more great news for the recovery we are still at the light speed recovery at 0.2%, doesn't the UK economy need 2%+ to actually be creating jobs?

Sorry, remind me, has the figure been adjusted for inflation?

I believe it's been adjusted for inflation not sure which one CPI / RPI / or some other made up figure, although it's not been adjusted for the real inflation level.

Edited by interestrateripoff

I believe it's been adjusted for inflation not sure which one CPI / RPI / or some other made up figure, although it's not been adjusted for the real inflation level.

Well if it's managing to overtake CPI then I would say our economy is booming. After all prices are going up and wages aren't.

Merv says growth of 1.5% this year. We're obviously going to be motoring soon and all our problems will just melt away.

Trust the man, since when has he ever been wrong?

The BoE fan chart that regularly gets posted on this forum clearly shows he's hardly every wrong....

I believe it's been adjusted for inflation not sure which one CPI / RPI / or some other made up figure

They're all good.

From now on my response to any government figures will be "that's numberwang!"

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: Love it