House Price Crash Forum

Advice For Ftb

cmartinuk

HOLA441

I'm a FTB with all cash. I've offered 90k on an asking price of 115k. This offer was declined and EA says they are really looking over 100k. Just wondering what the best next move should be?

The asking price is quite low for the area, but I've heard that a house in the area went for around 95k recently.

HOLA442
HOLA443

They might not be able to drop below 100k if they have outstanding finance, however. That is not your problem.

Like catmandu says however I would offer them £93,450 and say that is all you can 'scrape together' looks like you can't afford any more and they are more likely to accept your offer.

HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449

Getting back to the original question. I agree with doccyboy who is a long time advocate of selling prices being public knowledge. That way buyers have up to date comparables to work with.

I often get quoted comparables by estate agents but i just dont believe half of them. If comparables were easily accessible we would have a fair playing field.

HOLA4410

I questioned an asking price with an estate agent not very long ago and was told the asking price was based on a comparable. But it was only after pressing the matter that the estate agent revealed that the comparable house he was talking about had been sold 18 months ago during which time house prices have fallen considerably.

HOLA4411
HOLA4412