House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

interestrateripoff

Uk Riots: Bbc Presenters Told To Call Riots 'english'

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/crime/8694165/UK-riots-BBC-presenters-told-to-call-riots-English.html

In its latest dictum on how to cover the unrest, the corporation said it was changing policy "in recognition of the sensitivities involved for people in Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland".

A BBC spokesman explained: "While the rioting and disturbances have been taking place in England, our initial approach was guided by the story's impact for the UK as a whole - for example, the UK Prime Minister returning from holiday and the decision to recall the UK Parliament.

I had noticed that it was referred to as the English riots.

Although why has it happened just in English cities.

They were called The Tottenham, then London, now English riots.

Its a simple statement of fact. Maybe Scotland and wales have enough police on duty. There are riots all the time in NI, there was a shooting/bombing last night, its pretty normal.

It's normally chucking down with rain in Scotland, which can dampen any desire to riot. And if by chance they get a sunny day, they aren't going to waste the opportunity by rioting? Although Old Firm football days can be pretty volatile, I believe. There again, rainfall doesn't seem to stop riots in Northern Ireland.

http://www.telegraph...ts-English.html

I had noticed that it was referred to as the English riots.

Although why has it happened just in English cities.

Do they have similar instructions regarding the sensitivities of 'Asians' when reporting other news?

It doesn't seem they do.

Do they have similar instructions regarding the sensitivities of 'Asians' when reporting other news?

It doesn't seem they do.

Has anything ever happened that involved Americans, Europeans, Africans, Australians and Antarcticans, but not Asians?

Maybe they should also refer to them as the heterosexual english riots, so that we don't offend the gay community, after all i don't recall seeing any gay people involved. Midgets were also conspicuous by their absence.