House Price Crash Forum

Gold Breaks $1800

HOLA441

People that say that gold is in a bubble are deluding themselves. Gold is real money and has been a store of wealth for the last 6000 years. Something cannot be in a bubble without leverage, and there is no leverage in the gold price.

My humble advice is to buy silver. At the moment silver is treated as an industrial raw material, which it is, but it's also a precious metal that cannot be printed and sooner or later will take on an investment grade that people will take very seriously.

"Gold is the money of kings; silver is the money of gentlemen; barter is the money of peasants; but debt is the money of slaves." - Norm Franz

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444

"Why did you delete my topic, are you short gold?"

It was merged with the pinned thread on the main house price forum, this second thread has been moved to the correct forum.

Thanks. But you know as well as I do that gold breaking $1800 is significant and it wouldn't have hurt to keep the topic for a few hours.

HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449

People that say that gold is in a bubble are deluding themselves. Gold is real money and has been a store of wealth for the last 6000 years. Something cannot be in a bubble without leverage, and there is no leverage in the gold price.

My humble advice is to buy silver. At the moment silver is treated as an industrial raw material, which it is, but it's also a precious metal that cannot be printed and sooner or later will take on an investment grade that people will take very seriously.

"Gold is the money of kings; silver is the money of gentlemen; barter is the money of peasants; but debt is the money of slaves." - Norm Franz

That's what my estate agent said about houses in 2007.

HOLA4410

That's what my estate agent said about houses in 2007.

The thing is, were houses costing less (inflation adjusted) or more in 2007 than they were in 1980?

I find it hard to accept that something that costs less than it did 31 years ago is currently in a bubble.

When gold goes over $2300 an ounce, then we can start to at least think about a potential bubble.

HOLA4411

The thing is, were houses costing less (inflation adjusted) or more in 2007 than they were in 1980?

I find it hard to accept that something that costs less than it did 31 years ago is currently in a bubble.

When gold goes over $2300 an ounce, then we can start to at least think about a potential bubble.

They were saying that about houses too. Good luck. I wish you well.

HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414

It will break $2000 before the end of the year (probably quite a bit before).

That breaking of the $2,000 barrier is going to be very embarrassing, more so than $1,000, IMO.

Gerald Celentine the founder of The Trends Research Institute, who called the bottom in gold a decade a go and is personally 80% invested in the stuff, believes that governments will take action against the hoarding of gold when it gets to $2,000.

HOLA4415

IMO, you have to add another 0 there to start thinking about a potential gold bubble.

HOLA4416
HOLA4417