House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Milton

Legitimate Reasons To Riot.

A tiny minority exploits Britain at the expense of the rest of us.

Just 6,000 or so landowners -- mostly aristocrats, but also large institutions and the Crown -- own about two thirds of the UK. They have maintained their grip on the land right throughout the 20th century.

Just 1,252 of them own about 60% of Scotland.

[They pay no land tax. Instead the government gives them £2.3 billion a year and the EU gives them a further £2 billion. In subsidies.]

The poor are forced to subsidise the super rich.

By contrast, 57.5 million of us in the UK pay over £10 billion a year in council tax, land tax, over £550 per household.

60 million people live in 24 million "dwellings". These 24 million dwellings sit on just 7.7% of the land.

[Government Population statistics are innacurate. There are likely 80 Million people in the UK. Subsequent decades of political mismanagement, have brought more people in, and crammed them into what little space we have.]

Of these 24 million dwellings, an ever increasing percentage are owned by private landlords, because a housing bubble was purposefully inflated, and a 'debt transfer' took place. So we are having our wealth stolen to pay for the banks assets. Working for nothing. No Capital. Slaves.

The failure to re-distribute land in the UK is one of the prime factors why the UK under-performed during most of the 20th century.

As of 2001 landbanks to a value of 37 billion pounds were known to exist, with capacity to build an additional 3-4 million homes.

This reserved land is almost wholly owned by aristocrats; with none of it on the land registry.

[This land is coming out of subsidised rural estates, land held by off-shore trusts and companies, and effectively untaxed.]

Throughout the 18th century enclosures, the landowning class stole eight million acres of Common land from the people.

The thieves were mainly tyrannical Parliamentary Landlords.

When certain Commoners questioned this. The State had them horrifcally murdered, to make an example of them.

They still hide their crimes and their takings. The aristocratic landowners, through their House of Lords influence successfully conspired to take out of circulation, the 1872 Return of Owners of Land, or "Lost Doomsday Book" that documented who owns what.

This was then hidden from the public and never updated. This was the most comprehensive record of landownership ever compiled.

Shares have to be registered; but land doesn't. The Land Registry still DOES NOT KNOW who owns between 30% and 50% of land in the UK.

86 years after the creation of the Land Registry, up to 50% of the land in England is still not registered.

Landowners' wealth is a parasite on Britain. Their wealth comes not from farming, nor even from renting, but from a trickling of land onto the urban housing market.

The clearing banks and building societies stripped our industries of investment capital, then supported their clients, the landowners, by running the rigged and overpriced land market.

Britain compared with other countries where revolutions have ended the feudal tenure of land;

Denmark redistributed its land to the peasantry in 1800.

In Ireland, in 1876, 616 landowners owned 80% of the country.

[by 1930, 13 million acres of Ireland's 20 million acres had been sold to owner-occupiers. By 2001 home ownership is 82%, Ireland's 149,500 farms are 97% owner-occupied and owner-farmed, there is no poll tax, water is free and pensioners get free transport, TV and glasses. In 1872 "most" of the Irish people owned "nothing at all". The 1 million dead in the potato famine was due to land ownership and repressive laws and not the potato blight]

Less than 8% of the UK is developed. The scarcity of Land is a myth. Agriculture only accounts for 3% of the economy.

In the UK 70% of the land is owned by 1% of the population. A statistic from a Banana Republic, or a third world dictatorship.

This country, our country, which we are expected to die for in times of extreme crisis.

The main function of our entire political system is to support centuries of theft and criminality.

Print this off and give it to the copper who arrests you.

Good idea.

It's a hard job being a copper so they deserve a laugh once in a while.

It's a hard job being a copper..........laugh......

Thanks for giving me one...:lol:

** Info from Kevin Cahill's book....Who Owns Britain

Just 6,000 or so landowners -- mostly aristocrats, but also large institutions and the Crown -- own about two thirds of the UK. They have maintained their grip on the land right throughout the 20th century.

Funny enough I wikied the name Tiggy Legge Bourke* a few days ago.

She was nanny to princes William and Harry. I remembered the name from the late 1980s; it is one of the silliest names I have ever heard.

Lo-and-behold I wiki the name and discover her mother, Elizabeth Shân Josephine Legge-Bourke, describes herself as a "Welsh landowner", as if this aristocratic bourgeois deserves the kind of respect to which only working members of the proletariat are really enititled. She's not a butcher, not a baker not even a website developer: she's a landowner, don't you know, don't you know.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sh%C3%A2n_Legge-Bourke

*pronounced "throat wobbler mangrove"

Good summary, everyone should read that book, there's far more info that everyone should know.

Forestry commission 2,400,000,

Mod 750,000,

The National trust England Wales 550,000

Pension funds 500,000, Utilities 500,000,

The Crown Estate 384,000,

The Duke of Buccleuch 277,000,

The National trust of Scotland 176,000,

The Duke of Atholl 148,000,

The Duchy of Cornwall 141,000,

The Duke of Westminster 140,000,

The Church of England 135,000,

The Invercauld Trusts 120,000,

The Alcan highland estates 116,000,

The Duke of Northumberland 110,000,

The Earl of Seafeild 101,000,

The Portland Estates 95,000,

The RSPB 90,000,

Co-op farms 90,000,

Mod 750,000,

So 5 of the 7 largest landowners are state entities. Why doesn't the government start selling off some of this land? It would help pay down the national debt and spread land ownership, a clear win win.

Oh I forgot, the BBC/Guardian had a tantrum when selling off forestry commission land was proposed and so the idea was dropped.

So 5 of the 7 largest landowners are state entities. Why doesn't the government start selling off some of this land? It would help pay down the national debt and spread land ownership, a clear win win.

Oh I forgot, the BBC/Guardian had a tantrum when selling off forestry commission land was proposed and so the idea was dropped.

I've spoken to a few land agents about this. The Government does not give one toss about tree huggers, it's just an excuse. The truth is that the amount of public land is so large that any meaningful sale would crush market prices.

And that displeases some of the Government's friends, so no sale. Cameron will apply the full force of the law on the teenage haribo thiefs but we should not be unreasonable and ask him to upset a couple of rich friends.

Cameron will apply the full force of the law on the teenage haribo thiefs but we should not be unreasonable and ask him to upset a couple of rich friends.

Cameron's a marketing man, he'll say and do whatever the media want him to. Now Maggie Thatcher on the other hand...

Cameron's a marketing man, he'll say and do whatever the media want him to. Now Maggie Thatcher on the other hand...

She stopped listening so they kicked her out in the end.

I've spoken to a few land agents about this. The Government does not give one toss about tree huggers, it's just an excuse. The truth is that the amount of public land is so large that any meaningful sale would crush market prices.

And that displeases some of the Government's friends, so no sale. Cameron will apply the full force of the law on the teenage haribo thiefs but we should not be unreasonable and ask him to upset a couple of rich friends.

That tickled me. :D

When water cannon and baton rounds are deployed against the boards of our banks and Tory landowners the country can start to look toward the sunny uplands.

Why doesn't the government start selling off some of this land?

Because 'supply and demand' has been carefully orchestrated, along with planning permission, so that we remain in debt slavery for the benefit of the Landowners/Landbankers who can continue to drip feed houses, land designated for urban development into the market, as they see fit.

We are exactly where they want us to be. Exactly where we've been for centuries.

If they were smashing banks and torching estate agents then I could understand that it was a protest, that people understood and were angry.

But, all I see is scum smashing shops and stealing.

As much as it pains me, I have to say that it is time to see horse charges and rubber bullets.

If there is no real protest then the scum need to be smashed in.

Mod 750,000,

The Duke of Atholl 148,000,

The Duchy of Cornwall 141,000,

The Duke of Westminster 140,000,

The Church of England 135,000,

The Invercauld Trusts 120,000,

The Alcan highland estates 116,000,

The Duke of Northumberland 110,000,

The Earl of Seafeild 101,000,

The Portland Estates 95,000,

The RSPB 90,000,

Co-op farms 90,000,

Charlie the Tramp 1250 sq ft ;)

That tickled me. :D

When water cannon and baton rounds are deployed against the boards of our banks and Tory landowners the country can start to look toward the sunny uplands.

Aaahh, the sight of 3 leather clad robocops mindlessly hitting a banker curled up on the ground with their batons. That would be the thing.

I'll take 100,000 acres of prime farmland, thank 'ee koindly. But the bank creditors will get there first.

State entities? Yeah it means it belongs to all of us. Don't tell me you're naive enough to think the average joe would have a shot at buying and acre or two for himself?

If they were smashing banks and torching estate agents then I could understand that it was a protest, that people understood and were angry.

But, all I see is scum smashing shops and stealing.

As much as it pains me, I have to say that it is time to see horse charges and rubber bullets.

If there is no real protest then the scum need to be smashed in.

I entirely agree, this is nothing more than an entitlement riot.

If it was directed at the proper sources they would realise that their entitlement isn't what it seems.

I'm quite depressed about the whole thing tbh :(

The National Trust has nothing to do with the state. It is a private charity.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Trust_for_Places_of_Historic_Interest_or_Natural_Beauty

In addition most of those Pension funds are private as the state schemes have no assets.

Only 3 on your list belong to the state - the Forestry Commission, the MOD and the Crown Estates.

Machine, DO pay attention at the back! IF you had done your homework and actually READ the text book like the rest of the class, you would know full well the answer to that question. NOW everyone for the benefit of Machine repeat after me "The government, BBC bosses, newspaper owners, senior MOD, forestry commission, National trust, pension funds, utilities, banks, etcetera are overwhelmingly staffed by the which group in society? anyone? anyone? They are staffed by THE LAND OWNERS.

And for not doing your homework Machine will have to stay behind after class and write a 500 word essay on why the BBC and Guardian only represent the centre left of the established power structures in the UK, and in no way seek to upset that balance.

[They pay no land tax. Instead the government gives them £2.3 billion a year and the EU gives them a further £2 billion. In subsidies.]

The poor are forced to subsidise the super rich.

By contrast, 57.5 million of us in the UK pay over £10 billion a year in council tax, land tax, over £550 per household.

60 million people live in 24 million "dwellings". These 24 million dwellings sit on just 7.7% of the land.

[Government Population statistics are innacurate. There are likely 80 Million people in the UK. Subsequent decades of political mismanagement, have brought more people in, and crammed them into what little space we have.]

Of these 24 million dwellings, an ever increasing percentage are owned by private landlords, because a housing bubble was purposefully inflated, and a 'debt transfer' took place. So we are having our wealth stolen to pay for the banks assets. Working for nothing. No Capital. Slaves.

The failure to re-distribute land in the UK is one of the prime factors why the UK under-performed during most of the 20th century.

As of 2001 landbanks to a value of 37 billion pounds were known to exist, with capacity to build an additional 3-4 million homes.

This reserved land is almost wholly owned by aristocrats; with none of it on the land registry.

[This land is coming out of subsidised rural estates, land held by off-shore trusts and companies, and effectively untaxed.]

Throughout the 18th century enclosures, the landowning class stole eight million acres of Common land from the people.

The thieves were mainly tyrannical Parliamentary Landlords.

When certain Commoners questioned this. The State had them horrifcally murdered, to make an example of them.

They still hide their crimes and their takings. The aristocratic landowners, through their House of Lords influence successfully conspired to take out of circulation, the 1872 Return of Owners of Land, or "Lost Doomsday Book" that documented who owns what.

This was then hidden from the public and never updated. This was the most comprehensive record of landownership ever compiled.

Shares have to be registered; but land doesn't. The Land Registry still DOES NOT KNOW who owns between 30% and 50% of land in the UK.

86 years after the creation of the Land Registry, up to 50% of the land in England is still not registered.

Landowners' wealth is a parasite on Britain. Their wealth comes not from farming, nor even from renting, but from a trickling of land onto the urban housing market.

The clearing banks and building societies stripped our industries of investment capital, then supported their clients, the landowners, by running the rigged and overpriced land market.

Britain compared with other countries where revolutions have ended the feudal tenure of land;

Denmark redistributed its land to the peasantry in 1800.

In Ireland, in 1876, 616 landowners owned 80% of the country.

[by 1930, 13 million acres of Ireland's 20 million acres had been sold to owner-occupiers. By 2001 home ownership is 82%, Ireland's 149,500 farms are 97% owner-occupied and owner-farmed, there is no poll tax, water is free and pensioners get free transport, TV and glasses. In 1872 "most" of the Irish people owned "nothing at all". The 1 million dead in the potato famine was due to land ownership and repressive laws and not the potato blight]

Less than 8% of the UK is developed. The scarcity of Land is a myth. Agriculture only accounts for 3% of the economy.

In the UK 70% of the land is owned by 1% of the population. A statistic from a Banana Republic, or a third world dictatorship.

This country, our country, which we are expected to die for in times of extreme crisis.

The main function of our entire political system is to support centuries of theft and criminality.

You say: "The failure to re-distribute land in the UK is one of the prime factors why the UK under-performed during most of the 20th century." I completely disagree.

Who owns the land has little to do with whether an economy prospers. Look at Switzerland, a very prosperous economy, where two-thirds of the population rents their residence and owns no land or apartment.

The reason why the UK went from the envy of the world to envying other economies is twofold. First, the UK lost its jobs. Factory after factory moved overseas leaving entire towns devestated. The benefits paid to those newly unemployed put a strain on the government finances. Second, the country's leaders allowed unchecked immigration at a time when the number of jobs in the UK economy was contracting. Some of these immigrants were educated, or became educated, and they contributed to the economy. However, many weren't and were forced to compete for manual labor jobs with the native English. Many never found work and again put a strain on government budgets with their need for benefits.

You can thank your politicians past and present for allowing this to happen to the country that ruled the world just 100 years ago.

"The main problem was broken glass from shopfronts but not all the shops had been targeted. While the looters had cleared out the stock of Currys, Claire's Accessories and Phones4U, nearby Waterstone's had been left "without a scratch", she says". BBC News website tonight.

Electricals, cheap jewellery and mobiles - but not books. Is there a moral somewhere here?

etc etc etc

I quite agree.

Unfortunately nobody is rioting for any of these reasons. They are rioting cos they can.