House Price Crash Forum

Phew!

HOLA441

What a week !!!

Stock market collapse.

Riots.

England game being cancelled.

America dishing out more debt.

Admission interest rates will stay low till WW3, I mean 2013.

Record low house sales.

2007 asking prices.

The place is FUBAR.

What next ? House prices dropping off a cliff per chance ?

It loks like the powers that be will protect the financial markets with everything. They don't want the banks to fail, imaging riots like the last 4 days but with real people!!! They don't want house prices to fall. They don't want their nice lives downgraded like everyones else. The sub-prime crisis has given us sub-prime leaders.

Anyone planning on buying an apartment s*itty over-priced slave box/Flat in London or any other large city, have you changed you mind ?

I was asked to submit my C.V. for a job in New Zealand this morning. I said no straight away on accont of the countess not wanting to live too far away from her parents. When I told her she insisted I send my C.V. !!!

Edited by TheCountOfNowhere

HOLA442

I have a job interview in Saigon next month. 2/3 the money I'm on here, but will be able to put away more (paid in Dongs!).

Doing my bit for HPC, reducing demand in our Capital Shitty.

I intend to stay for two years, reckon that will be a good time to be looking for a place. I certainly don't see any chance of it being a worse situation for us in two years.

S

HOLA443

I have a job interview in Saigon next month. 2/3 the money I'm on here, but will be able to put away more (paid in Dongs!).

I intend to stay for two years, reckon that will be a good time to be looking for a place. I certainly don't see any chance of it being a worse situation for us in two years.

S

So you will have a lot of dong...lucky you.

HOLA444
HOLA445

S

I'd google "dong devaluation" if I were you.

Good luck with the job though.

HOLA446

Nah, we've got hell freezing over, the dead rising from the grave and Chris Evans being declared the new Dalai Lama before house prices start falling, although Satan himself emerging from the bowels of the earth to set his pestilent throne in Islington in early 2012 may have a small local effect on prices.

HOLA447

Nah, we've got hell freezing over, the dead rising from the grave and Chris Evans being declared the new Dalai Lama before house prices start falling, although Satan himself emerging from the bowels of the earth to set his pestilent throne in Islington in early 2012 may have a small local effect on prices.

I dunno, this event might wake up a few people, maybe those trying to sell inner city flats who thinks they can "wait till it gets better".

It aint getting better. it's getting worse.

HOLA448
HOLA449

I dunno, this event might wake up a few people, maybe those trying to sell inner city flats who thinks they can "wait till it gets better".

It aint getting better. it's getting worse.

No word yet from the VIs who love gloating about all the lovely rich foreigners buying up the 'safe haven' of London.

I foresee more ghastly gated communities. :(

HOLA4410

No word yet from the VIs who love gloating about all the lovely rich foreigners buying up the 'safe haven' of London.

bloody 'ell

this could crash london in a very short space of time, since much of the froth was foreign money at low transaction volumes

HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413

I've been wibbling for a few months about leaving the UK. Events of the past few days have convinced me that the only way is down for the UK. If things get better I may return.

Off to the land of cuckoo clocks, fondue and stability (for the moment - but if the the CHF gets any stronger who bloody knows!)

HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416

TheCountOfNowhere, on 10 August 2011 - 01:20 PM, said:

A week ago I would have agreed with you. But there is no chance I would buy a house anywhere near London now. What a total shitehole!

HOLA4417
HOLA4418
HOLA4419
HOLA4420
HOLA4421

What gated communities? I'm beginning to think they only exist in the minds of Guardian writers, because I've never seen one.

My aunt lives in one just outside Oxford. But there's disharmony in paradise because apparently some of the residents shop - oh the horror! - in Sainsburys not Waitrose.

Maybe they'll have to gate off that part of the community?

HOLA4422
HOLA4423
HOLA4424
HOLA4425

What gated communities? I'm beginning to think they only exist in the minds of Guardian writers, because I've never seen one.

I know a few in London, one large and very exclusive one is just east of Hampstead Heath park in Highgate:

http://maps.google.co.uk/?ll=51.562012,-0.149109&spn=0.002138,0.004163&t=h&z=18&vpsrc=6&layer=c&cbll=51.561954,-0.149089&panoid=Ck12PezIoLTQp1joNu6wwg&cbp=12,1.43,,0,2.55

Houses cost around 2 million pounds here:

http://www.houseprices.co.uk/e.php?q=hillway+london

Another one is in Wapping just east of Tower bridge.

http://maps.google.co.uk/?ll=51.507477,-0.066641&spn=0.001078,0.002081&t=h&z=19&vpsrc=6&layer=c&cbll=51.507477,-0.066641&panoid=8xdxcn_hhsKVwzHyOqUt3g&cbp=12,94.52,,1,10.33

---

Edited by awake_eagle