House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Thunderbird 900

Jeremy Kyle Crosses The Pond

I used to watch Jerry Springer.

For a time it's format of freak show and confrontation was quite entertaining.

Then it ran out of steam, became boring and disappeared.

I thought Jerry Springer himself was very clever. Not really judgemental, always smiling and never taking himself too seriously.

Now we have Jeremy Kyle and he is, sad to say, home grown.

Shouting and sneering at his guests, self righteous in his condemnation, and so smug in his presentation.

Kyle's type of show is disgusting. A never ending freak show of obese, tatooed, dentally challenged flotsam of society.

Sometimes I actually feel sorry for some of the individuals who put themselves on parade.

Kyle gets close up in their face, angrily involves himself in inter family disputes. They have neither the intelligence, nor wit, to deal with him.

His favourite phrases, "put something on the end of it" "well, well, well". His deliberately dropping the h in him and her.

Then of course there is the aftercare. Don't worry good old Jeremy and his team will make everything right in their aftercare.

Now it seems this formula has proved so successful, Fox TV - who else? - have signed him up for five years to do a US version of his show.

Once upon a time Benny Hill was our best TV export. Now Jeremy Kyle...Ye Gods! :angry:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2024187/Move-Jerry-Springer-Jeremy-Kyle-brings-daytime-TV-chat-America.html

In the interview Kyle neglected to mention that his British show has been condemned as a ‘human form of bear baiting’ by a judge after a guest on the programme became the first person convicted of assault on a British talk show.

"It seems to me that the whole purpose of the Jeremy Kyle show is to effect a morbid and depressing display of dysfunctional people who are in some kind of turmoil,’ Judge Berg said.

It is for no more and no less than titillating members of the public who have nothing better to do with their mornings than sit and watch this show which is a human form of bear baiting which goes under the guise of entertainment."

So we get to offload the moron, on the yanks, and get 5 years without him and you are not happy?

Did you not understand or something? Fox wont be broadcasting it here too, that's it, he is done in the uk....... and let's face it, we couldn't have dumped him on a more deserving bunch :lol:

It maybe be a human form of bear baiting but no one forces these people onto these shows. If you have family issues why would you air it in public on Jeremy Kyle instead of sorting it out in private?

The only valid reason I could see for them going on this show is for the dna test because they couldn't afford one themselves.

Although in fairness I think most of the people who watch the show are the same sort that go on it as its usually aired when most people are at work. I've only seen it once and turned it off cause of the hidiousness of the 'guest'. Although the episode that had a guy with a skull tattoed over his entire face just shows the idiocy of the people of go on this show.

I dont think many normal people will miss this show.

Why do the most despised w@nkers on TV go to to the USA? Piers Morgan, Simon Cowell, Jeremy Kyle etc

Is it because its easier to sell the Yanks controversy instead of talent?

Why do the most despised w@nkers on TV go to to the USA? Piers Morgan, Simon Cowell, Jeremy Kyle etc

Is it because its easier to sell the Yanks controversy instead of talent?

Who cares so long as the trend continues?