House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
dryrot

Restoration Home Last Night - Happy Thread :)

hi

happier thread - really enjoyed and was surprised by last nights "Restoration Home":

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b012gksw

I was expecting a fully restored modern pad, with pool and cinema and porsche *2 on the gravel, and a self-satsified couple boasting of the profit they had made. (or hoped to nmake after the "valuation" :))

But the prog ended with the house simply finished and no mention of profit at all. The couple just wanted to repair and restore a wreck, and were sensitive to the history of it. My admiration to them! And the program

hi

happier thread - really enjoyed and was surprised by last nights "Restoration Home":

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b012gksw

I was expecting a fully restored modern pad, with pool and cinema and porsche *2 on the gravel, and a self-satsified couple boasting of the profit they had made. (or hoped to nmake after the "valuation" :))

But the prog ended with the house simply finished and no mention of profit at all. The couple just wanted to repair and restore a wreck, and were sensitive to the history of it. My admiration to them! And the program

Loved it! A real property program where people create a 'home' not a 'profit' B)

Right on! Refreshing...

The place was already derelict and roofless over a century ago, so good on the resourceful couple who didn't rely on ponzi debt finance. Perhaps as they save some more funds they will make further aesthetic improvements!

I only watched a bit on iplayer this morning before getting distracted by riot videos...

but the history bloke clambering around in his white jeans is a bit annoying. He knows he's going to a wreck so wears white jeans!!

I only watched a bit on iplayer this morning before getting distracted by riot videos...

but the history bloke clambering around in his white jeans is a bit annoying. He knows he's going to a wreck so wears white jeans!!

Moan Moan Moan..... So you couldn't think of anything to write apart from moaning about white jeans annoying you. Go away and get a life!

<br />Moan Moan Moan..... So you couldn't think of anything to write apart from moaning about white jeans annoying you. Go away and get a life!<br />
<br /><br /><br />

Christ on a bike! Bit OTT. Either someone forgot the sarcasm tags or they got sand in their vagina this morning. <_<