House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Saving For a Space Ship

'e' Lollipop' Waited 35 Yrs To See This Film Again

E' Lollipop (sometimes called "Forever Young, Forever Free.")

Youtube link to movie

I won't post a trailer / synopsis as it will give away the plot

We have SKY now and a plethora of channels to brainwash kids with but why thirty years ago were these Saturday cinema films so popular? TV was around then and there were at least three channels I'd guess, so it wasn't like TV and film were a rarity like in the 1930s, from what I can remember, most of the films were pretty bad.

Maybe at that time movies were only shown on certain nights and at certain times? Or possibly a trip to the cinema was still a special occasion?

We have SKY now and a plethora of channels to brainwash kids with but why thirty years ago were these Saturday cinema films so popular? TV was around then and there were at least three channels I'd guess, so it wasn't like TV and film were a rarity like in the 1930s, from what I can remember, most of the films were pretty bad.

Maybe at that time movies were only shown on certain nights and at certain times? Or possibly a trip to the cinema was still a special occasion?

As a kid of 60's I did go to Saturday Cinema Clubs a few times, however each ocassion was total pandamonium with kids running amok. There wasn't such a thing as Saturday morning kids TV, I don't think that took off until the 70's. I can't recall any films I saw on a Saturday morning!

I think it was just a case of parents dropping the kids off while they went off to do the shopping, possible because cinema's were in town then and not multiplexes on the outskirts. Probably not a bad idea!

E' Lollipop (sometimes called "Forever Young, Forever Free.")

I won't post a trailer / synopsis as it will give away the plot

Er... is it about a free young northerner with a lollipop?