House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Elizabeth

Where Is Ttrtr

Has anyone else noticed the distinct lack of bulls? :( I am missing the debate... it becoming a bit of a mutual agreement fest... COME BACK BULLS ALL IS FORGIVEN (particularly since the bears seem to be in the acendency... but its a detail only :rolleyes: )

Guest Charlie The Tramp
Has anyone else noticed the distinct lack of bulls? :( I am missing the debate... it becoming a bit of a mutual agreement fest... COME BACK BULLS ALL IS FORGIVEN (particularly since the bears seem to be in the acendency... but its a detail only :rolleyes: )

He`s in Sydney, Australia viewing properties, I believe for his return there.

Guest muttley
He`s in Sydney, Australia viewing properties, I believe for his return there.

TTRTR is planning to STR :lol::lol:

If you are desparate, i'll argue with you. I'm a BTL landlord and don't care either way if there is a crash or not. I don't think my BTL or residence will drop significantly because they are 2 minutes from the town centre (on the same street).

You bears keep saying how stupid vendors are asking for more than their properties are worth. I'm sure if you owned a home, you would want to reap as much profit as possible. If they have little or no interest , only then should they drop the asking price.

For those that expect me to be living in a cardboard box in the near future, it just isn't going to happen. I was lucky enough to buy in 2001 and again (BTL) this year, both BMV.

I don't even want to argue, I'd rather you all (bears) realised that you are playing with numbers to justify paying dead money to rent. For what it's worth, I don't have a problem with people renting. If that's what they choose or if work commitments force them to, good luck to them. Why can't people that rent leave us homeowners alone. We've done nothing wrong except work hard to buy a place we can call home.

If you are desparate, i'll argue with you. I'm a BTL landlord and don't care either way if there is a crash or not. I don't think my BTL or residence will drop significantly because they are 2 minutes from the town centre (on the same street).

You bears keep saying how stupid vendors are asking for more than their properties are worth. I'm sure if you owned a home, you would want to reap as much profit as possible. If they have little or no interest , only then should they drop the asking price.

For those that expect me to be living in a cardboard box in the near future, it just isn't going to happen. I was lucky enough to buy in 2001 and again (BTL) this year, both BMV.

I don't even want to argue, I'd rather you all (bears) realised that you are playing with numbers to justify paying dead money to rent. For what it's worth, I don't have a problem with people renting. If that's what they choose or if work commitments force them to, good luck to them. Why can't people that rent leave us homeowners alone. We've done nothing wrong except work hard to buy a place we can call home.

Luton town centre. Well done mate and the best of luck. :lol::lol::lol::blink:

so why are you even here if you're not worried ?? morbid curiosity ?

;)

Perhaps the Bulls are in the same boat as we have been for years..

Staring down the barrel of financial uncertainty..

Economically, it is impossible for the country to sustain current house prices. We know that..

But in the dark early hours of the morning when self doubt creeps in... sometimes all the financial certainties in the world are not enough.

Imagine the bulls, the home owners..

I for one have been more subtle recently about the market..

9 months ago people would freely take the piss out of me for not having a home.. because they knew it upset me... (work only... odd behaviour..)

Now I am taking the moral high ground... I have people here, cocky a year ago..six months ago.. less cocky now..

Mrtgaged to peak price in a market they were told could never drop.

It must be horrible..

But then bulls..

Imagine what it would feel like to be told that you would never own a home.. that no matter how succesful you became whatever pension you had would have to cover your rent until you died to..

Imagine being told that by someone so much in debt, like so many others.. that interest rates could never be raised enough so that you could invest or save effectivly.. because then the poor little darlings could not pay back their debt..

People who were prepared to borrow massive amounts on a 25 year variable rate loan.. because interest rates were cheap then.. People who would never manage to pay back this debt if interest rates returned to average... People of that sort of intelligence..

To watch a population so full.. so full of so many niave and stupid people that the market could swing so high..

Thank god for gread.. if so many hadn't wanted so much without wanting to pay for it just yet.. perhaps the debt levels wouldn't have been high enough for the economic shift....?

But I have had economists explain that long term averages cannot be avoided.. they show the point of economic balence in the country.. and any swing from this would be an aberation.. the economy would react and force things back..

granted.. better then I have put it...

so bulls..

again I ask...

Does anyone here have a counter to the argument that the debt levels required to sustain current house prices are enough to throttle the rest of the economy to the point where a recession would occur to bring back ballence?

and that the ballencing point is the average house being 4 times the average salary.. in the area?

and the average house is a three bed semi...

what goes around, comes around..

all economies since the dawn of time have acted in this way..

Edited by apom

Thanks for offering yourself up :lol:

Quick question, did you mew to slap down a deposit on the BTL, i know it wont ever fall in value much being only 2 minutes from the town centre and all.

Gotto admit though that sentence(s) that i have made bold is abit of a knobish thing to say isnt it? Are there really renters houding you in some way for being a home owner? Or are you confusing your BTL with your main residence or are you ... f*ck knows :lol:

Just for the record , ive got no problem with anyone making money out of BTL or owning a home or both. I do have a slight problem with people who are naive by hell thats my problem :)

You do a great impression of a bull. Infact, you even almost make some sense. Well done.

Dead money :lol::lol::lol:

There's only one reason why TTRTR hasn't shown hi sface here in th epast fortnight:

ashengteamsm.jpg

Ouch!

We've done nothing wrong except work hard to buy a place we can call home.

You haven't worked hard. Most of the new generation of BTLers have simply MEWed to get at the equity in their main home to provide the deposit for a BTL.

That, unearned, equity is what gives them the ability to put down a 15% deposit and buy when FTBs are priced out of the market.

Now of course it's all changed and if you have bought in Slough this year I would be astonished if the rent covers the mortgage.

In any event, you now own three depreciating assets.

Er, if you aren't a TTRTR alias, may I ask what relevance this has IN ANY WAY to the current thread.

Would you mind also repeating after me : "Shane Warne ate all the pies," just so I can be sure you aren't TTRTR? :lol:

they've gone.

who scared them off ?

i liked the way he said he 'worked hard' to call a place home.

perhaps thats where we are all going wrong. you lazy b@stards...!!

get to work. work you house brother. work it....

Guest Charlie The Tramp
OK firstly a spelling corrections

.. sorry couldn't resist that.

Sorry if I`m wrong but should that be correction not corrections as you only corrected one.

:unsure:

so why are you even here if you're not worried ?? morbid curiosity ?

;)

If you mean, why do I visit HPC..... far more members than any other property discussion forum. Although I don't agree with personal insults from the minority, I do enjoy the banter.

Er, if you aren't a TTRTR alias, may I ask what relevance this has IN ANY WAY to the current thread.

Would you mind also repeating after me : "Shane Warne ate all the pies," just so I can be sure you aren't TTRTR? :lol:

Shane Warne ate all the pies" :D

they've gone.

who scared them off ?

i liked the way he said he 'worked hard' to call a place home.

perhaps thats where we are all going wrong. you lazy b@stards...!!

get to work. work you house brother. work it....

Not scared off, sleeping off a night shift. The lazy b@stards (buy brand new builds) you mention are the ones that will make little or nothing from btl. I only have 1 btl but I spent a couple of months single handedly refurbishing it before and after my full time job.I had very little spare time for my girlfriend or leisure (not the same thing :D)

I define a lazy b@stard as someone that wants to get onto the property ladder but would rather wait for a crash than buy a delapidated property at BMV to refurbish.

I did the same to my residential property. Fitted a kitchen, bathroom and refurb'ed the rest of the house. It wasn't easy but I couldn't afford to buy a place that somebody had already reburbished.

By the way, are you still buying a house?

Has a BTL ever admitted to paying the market value for a property?

E.,

You must be new here:

"I'd rather you all (bears) realised that you are playing with numbers to justify paying dead money to rent"

RENTING is only dead money, when prices are rising.

In a market like this, renting is the smart thing to do:

+ Renting is cheaper than owning. Example: The rent on my house is only about 55% of the interest I would pay if i bought the place I lived in with a 100% interest-only mortgage. In effect, my landlady is subsidising my housing cost: thnx, LL.

+ Interest paid is the dead money in a falling market. You are financing an asset which is losing value, and your equity is shrinking every month,

+ Renters are flexible. They have extarcted equity to put to work in other markets (mine is earning me 40% per month in my most-active trading portfolio. -that was not a misprint- per month -hey, I know it will not last) They also will have cash available to snap up the real bargains when they appear later in the downturn.

IF YOU STILL OWN, you have missed the boat. The opportunity to sell at the top has come and gone

I'm not disputing that for the most part it is cheaper to rent than to buy. But not if you are willing to hunt for a property that needs totally refurbishing. You can still buy BMV but it will involve a lot of hard work. If I had to choose bewteen of renting or buying a new build apartment, i'd rent. But that's not my point. It can be financially better to buy but not for the type of person that only wants to live in a showhome.

I do still own. Both properties are on the same street. A flat in the same converted property as my BTL sold a couple of weeks after going on the market (a month ago or so) . It's got one less bedroom and (in affect) half a lounge and kitchen. It's open planned with the kitchen in the same size lounge as my btl. The asking price was £25k more than I paid, but I spent around £2K doing it up.

If I am losing money, most properties in my town are losing more. At the moment, to rent either properties would be more expensive. I am lucky enough to have a relatively small mortgage on my residential home, but I plan to move to my btl in 2 years because it has far more living space thatn my split-level maisonette.

I didn't miss the boat, I got on it in 2001 :D

You haven't worked hard. Most of the new generation of BTLers have simply MEWed to get at the equity in their main home to provide the deposit for a BTL.

That, unearned, equity is what gives them the ability to put down a 15% deposit and buy when FTBs are priced out of the market.

Now of course it's all changed and if you have bought in Slough this year I would be astonished if the rent covers the mortgage.

In any event, you now own three depreciating assets.

First of all, I didn't use unearned equity as 15% deposit. It was hard earned. I spent the best part of a year refurbishing my place. If I hadn't it would not have been worth enough to release the equity I needed for the btl. I bought my first property in 2001 , not the 1990's!

So yes I did MEW to fund the BTL. I wouldn't have if I wasn't 100% sure that it's value would fall below what I paid for it. I bought in May this year and yes the rent from my tenant covers the mortage - 5-6% yield.

It's a victorian conversion with high ceilings , huge bay window (that a dining table fits into nicely) and a large marble firplace. It has that wow factor. I've mentioned in this thread already, in 2 years I will move into my btl flat because it has far more living space than my split-level maisonette.

I only own 2 properties, not 3. If they depriciate, a majority of properties in my town will depreciate further.

It's a victorian conversion with high ceilings , huge bay window (that a dining table fits into nicely) and a large marble firplace. It has that wow factor.

Many people have felt that "wow factor":

-wow, what an overpriced sh*thole

-wow, Slough really is a dump

-wow, I'm in negative equity

p.s. buying a property that requires extensive renovation is not buying below market value. It is cheaper because it requires time, money and effort to do the work. You just think it was cheap because you are too stupid to put a value on your own time and effort.

Also, flat prices in Slough increased from £90k to £137k between 2001 and 2005 according to the land registry. Did you strip out HPI when you worked out how profitable your efforts were?

Many people have felt that "wow factor":

-wow, what an overpriced sh*thole

-wow, Slough really is a dump

-wow, I'm in negative equity

p.s. buying a property that requires extensive renovation is not buying below market value. It is cheaper because it requires time, money and effort to do the work. You just think it was cheap because you are too stupid to put a value on your own time and effort.

Also, flat prices in Slough increased from £90k to £137k between 2001 and 2005 according to the land registry. Did you strip out HPI when you worked out how profitable your efforts were?

Slough is a big place. I live in the towncentre not in the undesirable areas. It not a 1 bed flat either :D

It wasn't what I would call extensive. I removed a stud wall, fitted a new kitchen and bathroom (fully tiled which was a pain), carpetted the spare bedroom and laminate flooring in walk-in wardrobe in the same room. Sorted out some damp, prep'ed and painted all walls and fully furnished it for my tenant.

Had I not been workng full time, I could have carried out all the work in a month.

And please don't call me stupid. This is a discussion forum, not a school playground.

Not quite Luton. have you seen The Office...................

Are you talking about Slough?

I used to rent out a flat in Slough. Never any trouble finding tenants due to proximity of Heathrow and M4.