House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
bpw

Is Hank Paulson Trying To Start Economic War

My earlier predictions of an economic war between the USA and EU are starting to look alarmingly true:

LINK

This will get very scary. The USA is trying to find scape goats for its appalling fiscal management. Lets all remind outselves of the IMF reports findings on who the 800lb gorilla is!

Which part of the article led you to the conclusion you have drawn? :blink:

Paulson's most significant statement:

Mr. Paulson, a longtime Republican, even appeared to break with party ranks by going so far as to opine that slashing spending wasn't the only answer. "The most discouraging fact is that, as important as expense-cutting is - and it is essential that we cut - we can't just cut our way out of this problem."

His comment implied that a tax overhaul - and the possibility of raising revenue, a prospect that most Republicans have castigated - may need to be on the negotiating table as part of any solution.

Taxy taxy. Sensible man.

My earlier predictions of an economic war between the USA and EU are starting to look alarmingly true:

LINK

This will get very scary. The USA is trying to find scape goats for its appalling fiscal management. Lets all remind outselves of the IMF reports findings on who the 800lb gorilla is!

Much as I dislike him what he says is true. The US has one decision maker whilst the EU has none. Don't see a warlike statement in that TBO. Having said that he has a cheek to mention TARP and all the rest of the baloney.

LINK

I can't see where you have drawn your conclusion from. :blink: I think a job at the Daily Express awaits you!

I'm sure there's a limerick in there using the words Hank, Bank and couldn't give a .ank

An American bankster called Hank

Knew his economy stank

"'Tis the euro to blame

for our fiscal shame!"

He whined, as his currency sank.

Well, I managed to work in two of them...

An American bankster called Hank

Knew his economy stank

"'Tis the euro to blame

for our fiscal shame!"

He whined, as his currency sank.

Well, I managed to work in two of them...

:lol: