House Price Crash Forum
geezer466

Mobile Networks Being Taken Down In Parts Of London

Trouble seems to be brewing in several parts of the Capital this evening. Mate of mine in Peckham just called (landline) and said his mobile is dead. (He is a couple of hundred metres from the local mast).

I bet by 10.00 tonight Call me Dave will be on his way home!!

Good. That should stop the morons organising themselves. Next they need to get the water cannon and rubber bullets out and do some damage.

Trouble seems to be brewing in several parts of the Capital this evening. Mate of mine in Peckham just called (landline) and said his mobile is dead. (He is a couple of hundred metres from the local mast).

Sounds like Cabinet Office Briefing Room A are busy tonight.

Good. That should stop the morons organising themselves. Next they need to get the water cannon and rubber bullets out and do some damage.

Thats the one thing that struck me.

Where are the Police.

Its not even softly softly, theyre just not there.

Sitting in their CCTV rooms looking at monitors.

I think the police should be allowed to organise themselves.

You can see the police are weighed down by their kit and are too unfit to catch the rioters.

Shame the police didn't bang up corrupt judges, other coppers, mp's and bankers, these rioters have been given an example in how to behave by the kleptocracy.

You can see the police are weighed down by their kit and are too unfit to catch the rioters.

Shame the police didn't bang up corrupt judges, other coppers, mp's and bankers, these rioters have been given an example in how to behave by the kleptocracy.

The police have been steered towards managing "political" riots, demonstrations and the like. They weren't prepared for a bog-standard opportunistic mayhem and criminality.

The riot police are actually pretty fit. I have a friend in there. The reason they are not acting is because they are not allowed.

Where are the Police.

Probably letting it boil over until there is no other option than martial law. FEMA camps being set up on the Isle of Wight right now! ;)

Given that Stephenson resigned (as part of the NOTW scandal) is there anyone actually heading up the Met at the moment.

It's time to break out the baton rounds and tear gas!! Water cannon would be a good idea as well but of course the Met don't have any!!

The riot police are actually pretty fit. I have a friend in there. The reason they are not acting is because they are not allowed.

Eh?! Why aren't the riot squad allowed to act when there's a, well, a riot!

edit for typoo

Edited by newbonic

Eh?! Why aren't the riot squad allowed to act when there's a, well, a riot!

They're unable to react to spontaneous outbreaks of mob violence - they have been trained up to suppress largely peaceful protestors and infiltrate organised political groups, not gangs of feral chavs who only want to cause trouble.

I daresay they'll get their act together soon but probably not before a lot more damage has been caused.

Ken Livingstone on News24 blaming it on "the cuts" :rolleyes:

No you idiot - society as a whole but in particular idiots like yourself have tolerated, excused or just plain ignored the growth of widespread anti-social behaviour and now the chavscum have figured out that they can congregate in large groups and cause trouble, instead of just individually or small gangs.

If you lose your internet connection do not kick your router - it's probably just TPTB that have turned the ISPs off.

Yep, after the G20 protests and the bloke that died the police will now be too scared to go anywhere near anyone who might sue.

It would not surprise me that someone tries to take action against them after damaging their shoulder from having to throw the bricks so hard due to the police standing so far back...

My network on the phone has been off for an hour (Kingston!)

Edited by kittingerjump

Where are the Police.

Filling in Gordon's forms for health and safety.

Yep, after the G20 protests and the bloke that died the police will now be too scared to go anywhere near anyone who might sue.

Well, they've only got themselves to blame for that one then. If you will go around shoving over people who are walking along, minding their own business....

Well, they've only got themselves to blame for that one then. If you will go around shoving over people who are walking along, minding their own business....

It would not surprise me that someone tries to take action against them after damaging their shoulder from having to throw the bricks so hard due to the police standing so far back...

Talking about that, when will Tomlinson's killer go to jail awaiting trial for aggravated assault and involutary murder?

Could it be that those dumb 'chavs' see today's injustice and use it as a justification to engage in mindless destruction?

Ken Livingstone on News24 blaming it on "the cuts" :rolleyes:

No you idiot - society as a whole but in particular idiots like yourself have tolerated, excused or just plain ignored the growth of widespread anti-social behaviour and now the chavscum have figured out that they can congregate in large groups and cause trouble, instead of just individually or small gangs.

Very politically correct post you made there!!

Even the BBC astonishingly are acknowledging publicly that the vast majority of those looting/rioting are young black afro/Caribbean.

Yes Livingstone was part of the problem but so is practically every other politician since the war who have allowed immigration without proper integration!!

If the cuts are to blame then they affect everyone of every colour and creed not just the scum causing the problems here!!

2118: Iain Watson Political correspondent, BBC News

PM David Cameron is boarding a plane tonight to return home from his holiday in Italy. He will arrive home in the early hours of Tuesday morning and chair a Cobra meeting. He will also be talking to the home secretary and the acting Met Police commissioner in the morning.

Buggeration I was 42 minutes out!!! B)