House Price Crash Forum
BobBobson

Gold Goes Boom During Asian Trading, And Slapped Down During Us Trading.

Once again I have noticed that gold climbs strongly during hours of Asian trading, is held in check when the european markets are active, and is slapped down when the US markets come to life, despite all the western markets being pretty much down across the board with yet more money printing imminently on the horizon.

The Asian money men must love the west subsidising thier gold purchases.

Edited by BobBobson

Once again I have noticed that gold climbs strongly during hours of Asian trading, is held in check when the european markets are active, and is slapped down when the US markets come to life, despite all the western markets being pretty much down across the board with yet more money printing imminently on the horizon.

The Asian money men must love the west subsidising thier gold purchases.

Are you looking at the same graph as me?

gold.jpg

post-26804-0-20984500-1312827642_thumb.jpg

At time of writing, gold had been at ~1720 USD, but since the US markets started operating it went quickly back down to ~1690 USD. And now it is back up at around 1720 which kind of makes what I said look a little silly. However, I have noticed that gold tends to rise the most whilst most westerners are in their beds, and corrects more when the western markets are in operation.

Gold has risen stupendously in the last 24 hours, over 4% infact. But that is including a period in the day when it dropped by over 2%, which in itself is a big slap down as far as gold is concerned. It happened during the early hours of US trading. Exactly who is choosing to lose money by selling/shorting gold contracts at a time like this where gold is just about the only place you can put money and not lose it?

I will stick my neck out and state that gold will continue to make its biggest gains this week whilst the west is in bed, and correct or be held in place whilst the west trades.

Edited by BobBobson