House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
ken_ichikawa

Sold Out

This is rather ominous, I phoned various reliable dealers and I was turned away multiple times as they had sold out completely, Sovs couldn't be gotten anywhere. Krugs could still be bought but at obscene premiums (think 10-15%).

It appears as if TSHTF :blink:

This is rather ominous, I phoned various reliable dealers and I was turned away multiple times as they had sold out completely, Sovs couldn't be gotten anywhere. Krugs could still be bought but at obscene premiums (think 10-15%).

It appears as if TSHTF :blink:

eBay? There's an idiot fest over there...

£2,900 for a Krugerrand :rolleyes:

On a more serious note, this news is pretty scary. Not so long ago I got the feeling HGM was well overstocked.

Edited by MrFlibble

On a more serious note, this news is pretty scary. Not so long ago I got the feeling HGM was well overstocked.

HGM appears to be cleaned out. Had to ask so what have you got?

Jeez. So what did they have left in stock?

Noticed there was none to be had in the Zurich Vault on BV this morning too. The New York Vault had similar going on a while ago.

I'm not selling at any price right now :)

have you tried Baird & co? They seem to have a good variety left.

http://www.goldline.co.uk/bullionCoinsPage.page

I ordered some sovs through Bairds this morning. They normally email an invoice more or less immediately after accepting the order, however today, I haven't received anything from them yet. Hopefully they're just busy, but these are strange times indeed!

I ordered some sovs through Bairds this morning. They normally email an invoice more or less immediately after accepting the order, however today, I haven't received anything from them yet. Hopefully they're just busy, but these are strange times indeed!

They would not have agreed to sell you the coins without having them, so you should get them.

I phoned HGM a year ago to enquire about buying sovereigns, they told me that they had nothing in stock and they were not buying in stock because of price fluctuations. They advised me to contact Bairds. I got the impression that HGM don't maintain a large inventory and don't hedge.

Bairds have got the full selection of sovereigns in stock, from £260, they even have 1/4 and full Britannias for sale. :o

Coininvestdirect have no QE2 sovereigns, a situation I have never seen in all the years they have been trading, even during past panic buying periods. The cheapest sovs are the King George V, my personal favourite, for £264.42p . Also all the Swiss and old German gold coins have been stripped from their shelves!

Edited by Take Me Back To London!