House Price Crash Forum

Where's Boris?

HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445

Ah, he's sticking with what he does best then: panel shows and acting the buffoon.

So you think he is both a buffoon AND the only man who can deal with the riots.

Idiot. There is a command structure in place for a reason.

HOLA446

When the looting spills over into Islington and Mary and Tinkerbells coffee shop is at risk, then we'll see the politicians return and the army sent in. But for now our freedom fighters are only shatting on their own doorsteps.

Plus, in Tottenhams case, maybe a riot might actually improve it. Probably do a darn site better than the planners and 'architects'

HOLA447

What the flying f*ck does anyone expect boris or anyone else in government to do about the riots? Snap his fingers and they'll all go home?

Do you think the coppers are sitting around saying 'well no one told us to go break them up'?

(edit) Everyone hates a micromanager. And i've seen nothing yet that i'd expect him to *do* anything about, rather than just make the usual empty speeches about how it's all such a waste of youth and they'll all regret it..

HOLA448

What the flying f*ck does anyone expect boris or anyone else in government to do about the riots? Snap his fingers and they'll all go home?

Do you think the coppers are sitting around saying 'well no one told us to go break them up'?

(edit) Everyone hates a micromanager. And i've seen nothing yet that i'd expect him to *do* anything about, rather than just make the usual empty speeches about how it's all such a waste of youth and they'll all regret it..

Yes, but the MSM seems to be obbessed that politicians 'do something'

If they dont 'do something' we might remember we'd be better off without them.

Its not just the riots. Its pretty much every news story. In fact it IS the news. Every time i turn on the TV (not just since the coalition, since as long as i can remember) the talking heads in BBC invariably come out with 'some say the govt should be doing this or that'

Im left scratching my head wondering what anything has to do with government.

Everytime someone throws a petrol bomb we should bow to their demands? Be blackmailed? Which in this case means not arresting criminals or not shooting people shooting at them.

Its beyond idiocy. I honestly dont know how newsreaders manage to keep a straight face most of the time.

HOLA449

Yes, but the MSM seems to be obbessed that politicians 'do something'

If they dont 'do something' we might remember we'd be better off without them.

Its not just the riots. Its pretty much every news story. In fact it IS the news. Every time i turn on the TV (not just since the coalition, since as long as i can remember) the talking heads in BBC invariably come out with 'some say the govt should be doing this or that'

Im left scratching my head wondering what anything has to do with government.

Everytime someone throws a petrol bomb we should bow to their demands? Be blackmailed? Which in this case means not arresting criminals or not shooting people shooting at them.

Its beyond idiocy. I honestly dont know how newsreaders manage to keep a straight face most of the time.

Speaks sense.

HOLA4410

(Bit harsh calling me an idiot, but anyway I won't rise to it.)

I'm not demanding that the man gets out there with his water canon and rubber bullets.

I just thought the mayor of a city where there is presently civil unrest would have made himself more visible.

I suspect if it was an attack on Westminster, or heaven forbid a City bank, Boris would be on the news bulletins bumbling through a monologue about our great capital etc.

HOLA4411

I just thought the mayor of a city where there is presently civil unrest would have made himself more visible.

It's London in the middle of the greatest financial crisis the world has ever known, and you are worried about a few youths letting off steam...

HOLA4412
HOLA4413

Just breaking he's flying home.

Yep:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2011/aug/08/london-riots-tottenham-duggan-blog?commentpage=29#block-97' rel="external nofollow">
The Press Association news agency is reporting that Boris Johnson, the mayor of London, is to return to the capital tomorrow to deal with the growing crisis in the capital.

HOLA4414

Yep:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2011/aug/08/london-riots-tottenham-duggan-blog?commentpage=29#block-97' rel="external nofollow">
The Press Association news agency is reporting that Boris Johnson, the mayor of London, is to return to the capital tomorrow to deal with the growing crisis in the capital.

Crisis over then.....

HOLA4415

So presumably Cameron would only come home to take control if he believed the command structure not to be up to the task? :)

HOLA4416
HOLA4417

Archived