House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Boom'n'Bust

Scottish Power Bills To Rise By 12%

I read that people in the NE United States are facing 50% increases in fuel bills this winter if they are on oil central heating. Something to do with Katrina and the argument that oil production has caused a 50% hike in prices.....hmmmm, methinks a scam is afoot! 12% is just the beginning as North Sea oil/gas is apparently in the last stages then we are dependent on the Russians to heat our homes. With no oil exports and fewer jobs and the most expensive house prices in the world based on income how will Gordon's economic miracle be sustained much longer?

With no oil exports and fewer jobs and the most expensive house prices in the world based on income how will Gordon's economic miracle be sustained much longer?

Economic miracle? wot economic miracle? We're living on borrowed money. Sooner or later this will end in disaster as the debt mountain comes crahing down.

Economic miracle? wot economic miracle? We're living on borrowed money. Sooner or later this will end in disaster as the debt mountain comes crahing down.

I think he was being sarcastic. :lol::lol::lol::huh:

I read that people in the NE United States are facing 50% increases in fuel bills this winter if they are on oil central heating. Something to do with Katrina and the argument that oil production has caused a 50% hike in prices.....hmmmm, methinks a scam is afoot! 12% is just the beginning as North Sea oil/gas is apparently in the last stages then we are dependent on the Russians to heat our homes. With no oil exports and fewer jobs and the most expensive house prices in the world based on income how will Gordon's economic miracle be sustained much longer?

Natural gas prices in the US have doubled. Everone I know heats with natural gas.

http://www.nytimes.com/2005/09/30/business...Surge_cn=093005

"Since the beginning of the summer, the price of natural gas has doubled. But unlike crude oil or gasoline, whose recent price increases have been widely felt by most Americans, the price surge in natural gas - the most popular source for home heating across the colder regions of the country - has so far gone largely unnoticed."

We have ordered 2 cords of wood, bought plastic & calk to make sure the windows are sealed. We are the only people we know who have done this. It doesn't seem to be regestering with most people. I guess because they haven't got the bill yet.