• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

HOLA442
HOLA443

In NI water cannons and plastic/rubber bullets are used straight away. In these riots there is no looting. Violence towards the police yes but no looting

In Londion there is violence against the police and widespread looting so why aren't plastic/rubber bulltes used and the water cannons deployed?

Tools used for breaking up large crowds don't really work too well on small, dispersed and highly mobile crowds...

Besides, once you start shooting at these guys, good chance some of them will shoot back!

HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447

A riots a riot. Doesn't matter what causes it. If it puts peoples lives and businesses at risk then it needs dealt with.

if you want to prevent stuff you need to know what causes it. Guarding shops that no one is going to loot is a waste of manpower, similarly, a charm offence throughout london apologising for invading the great irish nation will be wasted resourcs. ;p

Just sayin'

HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410

People don't just go rioting for fun.

Yes they do. Never seen football hooligans in action. :rolleyes:

These people (mostly) weren't criminals last week, last month or last year, yet this week they are.

Depends what you wuold class as a criminal. I imagine nearly of these have been involved in petty theft and random destruction of property numerous times before.

I do agree that there is somethng wrong at the heart of this country though.

If the Police or Army do not take back control very soon, the vigilantes will be on the streets in force. I expect to see groups such as the EDL and Muslim extremists fighting side by side against the Black rioters/looters.

Society will break down into two groups, those that want to protect property and those that will seek to destroy property.

Totally agree. Or football hooligans ? They enjoy a good barny at the best of times. And now perhaps their local shops and businesses are being smashed up by these marauding chavs. Something is gonna happen.

I used to regularly get the Leeds to Kings Cross train. Was on it on the 1st July, exactly seven days before the Bombers.

And again, a few weeks after 7/7.

There were a few blokes, jeans and bomber jackets, with Issue type boots on after 7/7. [Think 6 feet 8 inches and broad.]

Just stood individually between the carriages, outside the toilets. Eyes to the floor. All the way down to Kings cross.

You don't see many in the forces fitting that description - so you were probably just looking at a couple of bored bouncers off to work. :D

HOLA4411

The PM and Home Secretary both look weak. These Idiots will prey on such weakness.

London is like a giant classroom where the kids have called the teachers bluff and figured out he is powerless.

The solution to London is the solution that would be needed in a classroom. The police need to come down hard on the trouble makers straight away. If they don't, they will gain further confidence and the trouble will get worse. This in turn will require an even harder response.

HOLA4412

The PM and Home Secretary both look weak. These Idiots will prey on such weakness.

London is like a giant classroom where the kids have called the teachers bluff and figured out he is powerless.

The solution to London is the solution that would be needed in a classroom. The police need to come down hard on the trouble makers straight away. If they don't, they will gain further confidence and the trouble will get worse. This in turn will require an even harder response.

HOLA4413

That could be a headline about bankers.

Indeed - there's a symmetry about what is happening here. Banksters at the top end causing massive damage as they fill their pockets and expecting the taxpayers to cough up. Feral chavs at the bottom end filling their arms with loot and expecting everyone else to pay.

Neither crowd of miscreants are likely to be held fully to account for what they have done and both lots will continue the abhorrent behaviour for as long as those of us in the middle are prepared to tolerate it.

HOLA4414

<rant> Over the last decade I've watched my country get increasingly nasty. Our bankers steal our money, our politicians, police and judges are corrupt and attack our civil rights, our press routinely break the law, and now young kids are shopping with menace. It's all connected - a large minority of people at all levels in the UK now lead lives without any idea of responsibility, society or consequence. </rant>

HOLA4415

Its lord of the flies man ...with a bit of orange slipped in for added entertainment

a-clockwork-orange-1.jpeg

there be droogs

Ive witnessed running battles with feral packs two nights in a row ....... the police need to be given the tools to do the job ...baton rounds should be issued before nightfall

I went out in the market this morning ...and there was practically no one under the age of mid twenties unless they were actually working

HOLA4416

HOLA4417
HOLA4418
HOLA4419

Indeed - there's a symmetry about what is happening here. Banksters at the top end causing massive damage as they fill their pockets and expecting the taxpayers to cough up. Feral chavs at the bottom end filling their arms with loot and expecting everyone else to pay.

Neither crowd of miscreants are likely to be held fully to account for what they have done and both lots will continue the abhorrent behaviour for as long as those of us in the middle are prepared to tolerate it.

The anger of the middle is rising at a quite staggering level.

I honestly think if the middle were given weapons today and told to get on with it - they would happily go around smashing many a skull.

This is what I would be worried about most if I were in charge. If the middle get involved then this could turn into something far far more serious.

HOLA4420
HOLA4421

The anger of the middle is rising at a quite staggering level.

I honestly think if the middle were given weapons today and told to get on with it - they would happily go around smashing many a skull.

This is what I would be worried about most if I were in charge. If the middle get involved then this could turn into something far far more serious.

I was thinking this last night but not necessarily the middle class.

If the police don't offer protection then folk will be forced to do it themselves.

HOLA4422

Those in charge don't have to worry, they have successfully managed to deflect any attention from the thieving bankster elite to the underclass.

HOLA4423

For the last 20 years we have had succesive governments that have effectively created a society where the poor are getting poorer and the rich are getting richer, there is more division in the UK now than ever before, especially in London.

I think it depends on how you define poor. In comparison to the rich on Britain I can see why there is discontent but if you compare the poor in this country to the poor in China or India there really is a disconnect between fantasy and reality.

I'm not saying the poor shouldn't aspire, just not by looting and rioting.

HOLA4424

Any Asylum centres that hold people like a prison that have been closed down recently, need to be re-opened to hold the criminals once they are arrested, and then process them through make shift courts. They need to be taken out of the equation.

Likewise any military bases that can hold people should also be considered as holding pens.

The state need to enact some sort of legislation to get around the timescale processing requirements before charging, otherwise some hot shot lawyers driven by their own greed will seek to undermine the authority of the state and society.

He who sacrifices a little liberty for a little security deserves neither.

HOLA4425

I'm not sure they need to

high temperatures are a common variable behind rioting

weather is cooling off and it is due to be p*ssing down Wednesday thru Saturday thru much of the country, riots will probably burn themselves out as the hot dry clear nights cease