House Price Crash Forum

nah, bounce. Buy buy buy.

The US created a new job last quarter, pop open the champers.

+1

I can't see a black day coming. Bound to be a rally if short lived.

Are you sure it's a joke?

I was keeping my options open with the smiley.

Markets up the smiley was laughing at him.

Markets down it was just a joke.

I wonder if I could have made a politician?

B)

Got to be heavily down on Monday ..... which means it might be up!

.... no, definitely down. Am I the only one who really didn't expect a downgrade?

But also, is it possible the UK stock exchange is actually quite cheap? Still 25% down on '99.

Since then the broad (and narrow) money supply must have more than doubled?

I was keeping my options open with the smiley.

Markets up the smiley was laughing at him.

Markets down it was just a joke.

I wonder if I could have made a politician?

Seriously, I'm wondering...

The fall of the last few days really came out of nowhere if you discount all the known problems. At the same time I read reports of large banks and financial concerns having contacted their clients last week to prepare them for the event. Central banks and governments had to be notified in advance, it just makes you wonder who didn't know about this. And how much of the recent market action actually reflected this 'surprise' downgrade.

Do you have links for that please?

It's on here, hpc is my only source of news today. I'll look around.

Seriously, I'm wondering...

The fall of the last few days really came out of nowhere if you discount all the known problems. At the same time I read reports of large banks and financial concerns having contacted their clients last week to prepare them for the event. Central banks and governments had to be notified in advance, it just makes you wonder who didn't know about this. And how much of the recent market action actually reflected this 'surprise' downgrade.

Maybe.

Perhaps it was all arranged at the last Bilderberg meeting?

Maybe.

Perhaps it was all arranged at the last Bilderberg meeting?

Still hedging your bets I see...

Still hedging your bets I see...

Well it's not a proper market now is it? So who amongst us knows what will happen?

Years ago a US downgrade would be a dead cert down day.

Personally I think there is now a group of about 10 people that have the power to shift the markets any way they like to make themselves lots of money. So it all depends which way they have played it. Their bets will be placed and it isn't a case of if they will win, just how much.

Well it's not a proper market now is it? So who amongst us knows what will happen?

Years ago a US downgrade would be a dead cert down day.

Personally I think there is now a group of about 10 people that have the power to shift the markets any way they like to make themselves lots of money. So it all depends which way they have played it. Their bets will be placed and it isn't a case of if they will win, just how much.

You "think" or you know? Most people would think that is a load of nonsense dreamt up by people who spend too much of their time on the internet.

Cheers.

I've looked everywhere for the source and can't find it. I remember it specifically mentioning JP Morgan and Blackrock (or Blackstone).

The Tadawul has been shut since close Wednesday so is simply catching up with Thursdays decline elsewhere if it is just 5% off

Did the downgrade happen after the close of the Dow?

How is the discrediting of S&P going with regard to the $2Tn "mistake" going.

If the answers are:

Yes,

Not well,

We have our Black Monday.