House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Self Employed Youth

"building Societies" Which Don't Offer Buy To Let Mortgages

Can anybody think of any building societies which do not offer buy to let mortgages?

And if the building society is lending money to people to buy properties which have already been built, then how the hell are homes supposed to get built?

One of my local ones, Dudley BS stopped doing BTL loans sometime in 2009. However, their SVR is 4.99%

http://www.dudleybuildingsociety.co.uk/mortproducts.htm

They do 'self-build' mortgages now though, which is interesting.

It seems the Tipton & Coseley BS don't do them either, still only a few miles from here:

http://www.thetipton.co.uk/home/mortgages

Both the above will only usually lend to people in the West Midlands.

Yorkshire building society haven't done until this past week and even now I think it's only for properties down south.

Yorkshire building society haven't done until this past week and even now I think it's only for properties down south.

That's who I am saving with, I'm pulling all my savings out because they have sold out.

I wan't to save with a building society.

Bump, why - I'd be tempted to save in a building society if the money was used to fund building. The government is going to guarantee inflation, so cash under the mattress won't work in the long term.

I think that would mean saving with a building society that lends for self-build, at present. The Self Build Guide website lists the following lenders who offer self-build mortgages - not all building societies, obviously.

BuildStore - Accelerator Mortgage.

Ecology Building Society

Lloyds TSB

BM Solutions

Astra Mortgages

Norwich and Peterborough

Progressive Building Society (NI)

Ipswich Building Society

I think that would mean saving with a building society that lends for self-build, at present. The Self Build Guide website lists the following lenders who offer self-build mortgages - not all building societies, obviously.

BuildStore - Accelerator Mortgage.

Ecology Building Society

Lloyds TSB

BM Solutions

Astra Mortgages

Norwich and Peterborough

Progressive Building Society (NI)

Ipswich Building Society

Thanks, I will have a look into these. Lloyds TSB can be ruled out straight away as they fund buy to let.