House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

interestrateripoff

End Of The Road For The High Priest Of Group Sex With Minors

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/end-of-the-road-for-the-high-priest-of-group-sex-with-minors-2332701.html

First, they were instructed to disrobe.

Then the women were given advice on how to keep their pubic hair neatly trimmed. Finally, Warren Jeffs informed them that their duties, as members of his private harem, thought to number more than 100 female members, of various ages, would henceforth include taking part in group sex sessions.

"You have to know how to be sexually excited and to help each other. And you have to be ready for the time I need your comfort. This is your mission. This is how you abide the law," he solemnly informed them. "I need more than one wife to be with me at a time. [For] The Lord has shown me that, in heaven, the gods are with quorums of women when they conceive children."

The verdict didn't exactly surprise legal experts. Jeffs had sacked his entire legal team shortly before the case began, and conducted a defence which involved telling the judge it was "God's demand" that she should be removed. His closing argument involved standing silently in front of the jury for 30 straight minutes before declaring: "I am at peace."

While Jeffs didn't address any of the actual evidence of sex abuse against him, he did claim that the US constitution protected the customs of his Fundamentalist Church of Jesus Christ of the Latter Day Saints [FLDS] which has roughly 10,000 members. He therefore refused to accept the court'' legitimacy, repeatedly informing its officers that they would end up burning in Hell.

To most of the watching world, Jeffs cut an eccentric and abhorrent figure as he attempted to invoke religion in defence of a lifestyle which revolved around systematic child rape. At least 24 of his wives were under age, according to prosecutors, who also believe he spirited away some $96m (£59m) in donations from his followers over the years.

Amazing how most people who are in touch with God get told to have sex with as many women as possible, and having sex with minors is OK because God is telling me to do it.

No surprise that money was also fleeced from followers.

Why is it Americans seem to be intoxicated by these sorts of people.

yes another example which makes it a joke that America can preach its place as being worthy of spreading its way of life to the world. Thing is, if they just owned up and said, we want to rule the world and in particular its natural resources, inhabitants such as these would likely follow anyway.

It makes your blood run cold to think thousands can be manipulated by such men

They were discovered when the officers raided the Yearning For Zion compound on a remote ranch in Texas where Jeffs lived, along with roughly 7,000 followers, when he wasn't in Colorado city. Along with photographs of young wives annotated with notes such as "she is full of faith and sweetness", they found a21-minute tape recording of a 12-year-old girl being "married" to Jeffs.

The tape, which is punctuated with silences and the sound of heavy breathing, was apparently recorded in a bedroom at the ranch with several elder "sister wives" present as witnesses to the ceremony.

At one point during proceedings, he finishes a prayer before telling the girl: "Take your clothes off. Do it right now." She then appears to be crying.

"Just don't think about the pain, you're going to heaven," he says. "The world's view of sexual relations is selfish, the celestial view is not."

Later, he asks the girl: "What are you feeling?" She answers, quietly: "Very well, thank you."

Like so many atrocities committed under the veil of religious sanctity, the assault ends with its perpetrator thanking the almighty.

Just before the tape runs out, Jeffs signs off with the words: "In Jesus Christ our lord, Amen."

Guest eight

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/end-of-the-road-for-the-high-priest-of-group-sex-with-minors-2332701.html

Amazing how most people who are in touch with God get told to have sex with as many women as possible, and having sex with minors is OK because God is telling me to do it.

No surprise that money was also fleeced from followers.

Why is it Americans seem to be intoxicated by these sorts of people.

What's the problem? It's no less valid or rational than any other "religion"?

What's the problem? It's no less valid or rational than any other "religion"?

Hmmm. Here's a difference.

This thoroughly evil character creates cult in his own name, for his own benefit. Attracts, in his own lifetime, a bunch of nutters for followers.

The thoroughly evil St Paul creates his cult in the name of someone a whole lot more palatable than himself. And someone who's conveniently been dead for long enough to be unencumbered by the problems of reality. Attracts a band of followers that grows hugely, initially as a resistance movement, but long-term probably rather more because they're nominally following someone a whole lot nicer than the founder of christianity or his successors.

Just waiting for our usual posters and their predictable responses to such topics, summarised below:

She looked 16!

She said she was 16!

And she was up for it, so what's the problem!

Surprised they haven't surfaced yet.

Just waiting for our usual posters and their predictable responses to such topics, summarised below:

She looked 16!

She said she was 16!

And she was up for it, so what's the problem!

Surprised they haven't surfaced yet.

I'll surface. You seem to be obsessed with this. Nowhere in this article did it suggest any of the the three conditions you have written above were met.

His position is indefensible. What I would like to know, is what involvement the other "church" members have in this. Seems a dangerous lack of care by those around the victims.