House Price Crash Forum
interestrateripoff

Where Is Britain's Leadership In This Global Economic Storm?

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2011/aug/05/britain-global-economic-crisis-conservatives

In a speech last August, I warned of the perfect storm of factors that were facing the world economy and threatening to choke off its nascent recovery.

Twelve months on the winds of the storm are rising fast. And, just as in 2008, the storm is hitting from all sides: the eurozone in crisis; America in political paralysis; the pace of China's growth slowing; and markets across the world in turmoil, including in Britain.

What we need to see now is political leaders across the world getting a grip on this crisis and putting in place a plan for global growth, open trade and sustainable deficit reduction – in Europe, in the US and in the UK. In the 1930s, the world economy faced a global crisis on this scale and political leaders failed to rise to the challenge, and today my fear is that history is repeating itself.

In my speech last year, I highlighted the catastrophic government mistakes of the 1930s depression:

• Ignoring the needs of jobs and growth, and abandoning any policies to support them

• Insisting there was no alternative, and no policy that mattered, except rapid deficit reduction

• Believing that market confidence depended solely on deficit reduction even as the markets were collapsing due to the absence of growth

• Ploughing on even when the evidence showed the plan wasn't working and the fiscal position was getting worse.

The man is a genius.

Luckily just as in the 1930's there is no bubble collapse, nothing to do with leverage and all we need to do is create growth and all will be well.

Why did we vote him out, he could be helping to save the world again.... Although the fact that those very policies have landed us at this juncture appear lost on Ed.

Ed Balls was a Tory whilst at Oxford.

Someone got an snapshot of Ed Miliband the other day, posted in a Daily, after his nose job, carrying a number of books in his arms.

One of the Books was a Self Help Book, on Leadership.........

Edited by Milton

The Comments seem to really be attacking him, amazing for the guardian website!

He's complaining of inaction, but he's in no poistion to offer advice as they dug the hole we're in.

Personally, I think I'd rather Osbourne and Cameron looked after the UK, rather than gallavanting around the world like Brown did trying to secure a legacy.

• Ploughing on even when the evidence showed the plan wasn't working and the fiscal position was getting worse.

:unsure:

Ooh yeah, global economy, there's a good idea.

The European economy has of course been flawless, with all of the 'dodgy' countries actually pulling their weight and working as one. Greece and Portugal, to name but a couple, certainly changed their ways to graft for the greater good.

What could possibly go wrong if we were to include African tinpot dictatorships and South-American crack house states in the mix?

Ok, I’ve just properly read his waffle, and it's literately that! It's press snippets, no real ideas. He's confusing Cameron’s role with being British Prime Minster with being leader of the Eurozone or the world. Cameron shouldn't stick his nose into the Euro's affairs, we don't want their brand of mud sticking on us! Also, back in 2008, it was British Banks leading the country and the world to the edge of bankruptcy, 2011 is very different! This time it’s government sovereignty that’s at stake, thankfully we’re excluded from the fun and games at the moment.

Also, here is a nice quote ...

But that reckless confidence has now given way to staggering complacency. In recent weeks we have seen Osborne describe 0.2% growth in the last nine months as "positive news". He boasts about Britain's falling bond yields, not apparently realising that this is reflecting a collapse in market expectations for growth.

And at the beginning of this week, with the chancellor on holiday, the Treasury talked of Britain as a "safe haven" for investors - just before successive days of losses wiped billions off the stock market.

Again, how confused is this tool? He's worked in the treasury for years and yet fails to grasp simple concepts. Our Bond Yields are falling because the Government and country is seen as a safe haven (for now), the falling stock market has very little to do with the sovereignty of the Government and more to do with potential bank losses and falling commodity prices.

My hatred for Balls has just risen 74.7% to an all-time record high.

My hatred for Balls has just risen 74.7% to an all-time record high.

Can I just remind you about this? If it helps set a new hate Ed Balls world record can I claim an assist?

husband-and-wife team Ed Balls and Yvette Cooper have been accused of exploiting Commons expenses rules to buy a £655,000 home and get their children into a top state school.

The pair, who were both promoted by Gordon Brown, have registered their four-bedroom North London house as a 'second home' under parliamentary rules, which entitles them to allowances of up to £44,000 a year to subsidise their £438,000 mortgage.

They also have a 'weekend' property in Yorkshire, which they used to call their second home. But by instead declaring their more expensive London house to be their secondary residence, they can claim more money from taxpayers.

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/news/article-23413257-cabinet-husband-and-wife-cash-in-on-two-homes-loophole.do

Even his wife doesn't want to be associated with him as she didn't take his name.

(Either that or the fact she would have been Yvette Balls (I've ate balls))

The Comments seem to really be attacking him, amazing for the guardian website!

He's complaining of inaction, but he's in no poistion to offer advice as they dug the hole we're in.

Personally, I think I'd rather Osbourne and Cameron looked after the UK, rather than gallavanting around the world like Brown did trying to secure a legacy.

Typical Balls, complaining of inaction.

What we need now is inaction. Meddling by politicians always makes things worse. Do us a favour, stay on holiday Cameron, and take the phone off the hook.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2011/aug/05/britain-global-economic-crisis-conservatives

The man is a genius.

Luckily just as in the 1930's there is no bubble collapse, nothing to do with leverage and all we need to do is create growth and all will be well.

Why did we vote him out, he could be helping to save the world again.... Although the fact that those very policies have landed us at this juncture appear lost on Ed.

Yes, Mr Balls, we all know what the problems are, and your telling us is supposed to make you look informed and worth voting for, but you never say WHAT we have to do to overcome the problems.

Chatting with their Bilderberg colleagues about how they can increase their personal wealth from it.

Succinct, you have it one, nothing else is of consequence to these 'elected' pillocks.

Typical Balls, complaining of inaction.

What we need now is inaction. Meddling by politicians always makes things worse. Do us a favour, stay on holiday Cameron, and take the phone off the hook.

Agreed, if they only stopped interfering things would sort themselves out and expectations of fantasy outcomes would eventally cease as reality took hold.

Perhaps I haven't seen the news when the Tories have been on but whenever there is something to be said about cuts, debts, etc. it always seems to be Danny Alexander or Vince Cable speaking for the government.

It's as if Cameron and Osborne don't want to be associated with any problems and they are behind the curtains pushing the Lib Dems out in front of the cameras.

Perhaps I haven't seen the news when the Tories have been on but whenever there is something to be said about cuts, debts, etc. it always seems to be Danny Alexander or Vince Cable speaking for the government.

It's as if Cameron and Osborne don't want to be associated with any problems and they are behind the curtains pushing the Lib Dems out in front of the cameras.

:rolleyes:

For Pitys Sake....:rolleyes:

You dont need to make comparisons.

There are many actual photo's of Ed Balls in his own personal Nazi uniform.

You are not allowed to use that image extension on this board.
:angry:

Why not show them?

EdBallsNazi.jpg

Edited by Milton

I must admit, when Gordon started printing like Weimar Germany, i thought here we go again, Hitler Mk2 is just around the corner.

And Ed balls does remind me a bit of Goering...

Goering1932.jpg

news-graphics-2007-_648989a.jpg

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1062940/I-obeying-orders---Schools-Secretary-Eddie-Balls-dressed-German-officer.html

Gordon-Brown-nazi.jpg

gordonbrownnazi.jpg

This made me laugh more than anything else I have ever read on HPC. Good work fella ! :lol::lol::lol:

This made me laugh more than anything else I have ever read on HPC. Good work fella ! :lol::lol::lol:

I thought that photo collection was great too.

It was fascism before the current lot. Certainly felt like a government at war with its people.

Meddling by politicians always makes things worse. Do us a favour, stay on holiday Cameron, and take the phone off the hook.

...yes...he's no trader...whatever route the market takes in response to Euroland and the US, Cameron can't stem the tide....let Balls flounder in his own wind.... :rolleyes: