House Price Crash Forum
interestrateripoff

Property Prices Rise - Express Headline

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/263304/Property-prices-rise

RISING property prices offered homeowners a dose of good news yesterday amid the economic turmoil.

Values rose 0.3 per cent last month and 0.5 per cent in the three months to July – the first quarter‑to‑quarter hike in 14 months, according to Britain’s biggest mortgage lender.

With little change in the level of house sales or the number of properties on the market since late 2010, Halifax said the steady market conditions have helped to stabilise house prices. And in a further boost the number of mortgages approved to finance house purchases increased by four per cent between May and June to 48,421, the highest monthly total since May 2010.

Stuart Law, of property finance firm Assetz, said: “There is increasing confidence in the UK property market, with robust buyer demand and strengthening house prices. Lending reached a 13-month high in June which is great news for buyers and points to continued growth in the second half of this year.”

With a name like Assetz you know it was going to be a quality comment.

When I was looking for a house over the last couple of months in southern Norwich the asking prices where up.

for example the last house on the street sold for 285 (20010) and the current asking prices where say 300+ for example.

However needless to say I am now going to rent (even the wife now undersands the logic) and they have not sold them.

Rents are up also I noted as hardly anybody is buying now in this area and once the school term starts..... i think the plunge will resume.

Edited by Fromage Frais

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/263304/Property-prices-rise

With a name like Assetz you know it was going to be a quality comment.

There's a big ad in today's Telegraph property section for ready-let newbuild flats in Crawley, 'Once in a lifetime investment opportunity, 8.3% yield, etc. 'With property prices forecast to rise 16% in the next 4 years and rents at record highs*....'

Underneath in the very small print it says, *Source, Daily Express 31 May 2011'.

There's a big ad in today's Telegraph property section for ready-let newbuild flats in Crawley, 'Once in a lifetime investment opportunity, 8.3% yield, etc. 'With property prices forecast to rise 16% in the next 4 years and rents at record highs*....'

Underneath in the very small print it says, *Source, Daily Express 31 May 2011'.

Well with a source like that you can't possible go wrong....

Can someone just firebomb The Express headquarters?

One day somebody's going to snap and do it.

Honestly with years of these headlines, prices going up, woohoo - you'd think people would twig on at some point.

A quick Google suggests it's a Fairview development. I noticed an identical reference to the Daily Express forecast in another recent Fairview advert, in either City AM or Evening Standard.

An advert citing the Daily Express as a source of house prices has zero credibility, and really should not be allowed. I see the 16% figure is from this article, with the 'respected' CEBR think-tank as the ultimate source. Neither respected nor credible, in my view. And people believe this shit and make serious financial decisions based on it? Unbelievable.