House Price Crash Forum
ngn

E-Petition: "britain Wants Referendum To Leave Eu"

after more than 150 duplicate "EU referendum" e-petitions have been dis guarded it looks like this one is *the* one to sign up to.

https://submissions.epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/356/signature/new

It is the simplest web form you have ever seen.

It's a house price crash forum.

Haven't you seen what's happened to property prices in such as Eire and Spain because they cannot devalue their currency?

Where is the petition to join the Euro.....?

Haven't you seen what's happened to property prices in such as Eire and Spain because they cannot devalue their currency?

Your cold logic always kills this type of thread. Signed, a fan!

I don't want the public leading us on technical and very complex matters they have no knowledge about so thankfully this e-petition thing is just another form of dead end lip service. The MPs will be waiting for the public to suggest something the MPs were going to do anyway and loudly proclaim their democratic credibility. Call me a cynic but i think we've been here before.

If we are to have any influence over the EU and its future direction, we can only do this by being part of the EU.

If the UK is not in the EU then its not right to lecture the EU from the outside, its akin to Iceland or Greenland telling the UK what to do.

If people are concerned the EU isnt listening then they should start lobbying the MEP's it couldnt be simpler, after all who here has lobbied their MEP's?

Why would I want to influence/lecture anyone in the EU? I just want as little government meddling in my life as possible.

If we are to have any influence over the EU and its future direction, we can only do this by being part of the EU.

If the UK is not in the EU then its not right to lecture the EU from the outside, its akin to Iceland or Greenland telling the UK what to do.

If people are concerned the EU isnt listening then they should start lobbying the MEP's it couldnt be simpler, after all who here has lobbied their MEP's?

Blimey - I almost took you seriously for a minute - it reminds me of my early years of fifth form debates pro / against democracy.

Let's all do it, then - let's all lobby our MEP's and that should sort out this cr@p.

Did you miss the [irony] [/irony] tags?

I had to read that twice!! Excellent post!

But I don't want us to leave the EU. That will make it harder for us to leave the UK.

Blimey! The way things are going in Europe, there's nowhere TO go that's any better than UK, even if it is cr@p, which it is.

Blimey! The way things are going in Europe, there's nowhere TO go that's any better than UK, even if it is cr@p, which it is.

Go somewhere further afield , may i suggest the Pitcairn Islands? :lol:

So do I want a small Govt but somethings are inevitable so rather than watching from afar and suffer the consequences dont you think we could help our neighbours in the political process by getting involved?

I can't see how we can help our neighbours when we can't even help ourselves!!

Anyway I agree with Athom. This is all pointless posturing to the Daily Mail crowd, make them feel like they are 'taking part' while the rest ofir world is crumbling around them

You have chosen the two weakest euro economies as examples.

Q.does the same assertion apply to the stronger economies like Germany/France?

I don't want the public leading us on technical and very complex matters they have no knowledge about so thankfully this e-petition thing is just another form of dead end lip service. The MPs will be waiting for the public to suggest something the MPs were going to do anyway and loudly proclaim their democratic credibility. Call me a cynic but i think we've been here before.

agree.

i've just sorted it by sigs and the top petition has a measly 13500 odd 'signatures'.

win win for the elites i'm afriad this, either get 100k sigs on things they can accept (as you said) or dismiss.

if none ever gets the 100k, they know that the plebs are even more plebby and x factored than even they anticipated.

or the public are in fact all closet tfh's as i haven't signed any petition for the reasons stated above.

Edited by bendybogle

So do I want a small Govt but somethings are inevitable so rather than watching from afar and suffer the consequences dont you think we could help our neighbours in the political process by getting involved?

How are we going to help, particularly if we were to have a small government with less tax take?

The EU have enough blow-hards, without our talking heads joining in too.

Edited by Traktion

You have chosen the two weakest euro economies as examples.

Q.does the same assertion apply to the stronger economies like Germany/France?

Why do you think the German economy is so strong?

Could it possibly have something to do with the fact that they have laws to prevent HPI so most of their capital is instead invested in industry, thus creating jobs?

I don't want the public leading us on technical and very complex matters they have no knowledge about

What makes you think politicians have any knowledge about it? The average pol couldn't find their ar@e with both hands.

And it's actually a very simple concept at root, 'very complex matters' is pretty much a direct quote from EUpropagandists. Try thinking for yourself instead, it's actually surprisingly easy once you get used to it!

Most people in this country have managed to work out that they are British and not Portuguese, after all.

Edited by EUBanana