House Price Crash Forum
penbat1

Christmas Sucks !

Stores like Woolworths make most of their profit in the run up to Xmas. Xmas is nothing more than a big commercial exercise in materialism and self-indulgence and "good will to all men" are just empty words.

Many people find Xmas very stressful and after Xmas the suicide rate in the UK is at its highest.

Edited by penbat1

How will folks here spend Christmas? Traditional, Frugal, or beans on toast by the telly? Well, for those of us that have telly!

This Christmas will be interesting for us.

We're expecting child number two in early December. Number one will be nearly four. So we'll have one over excited kid charging about the place wearing us out during the day, and one three(ish) week old keeping us awake at night. Still, Christmas is for the kids really isn't it, so we won't mind.

Fortunately we're spending Christmas day at my parents this year, so at least we don't have to prepare Christmas lunch etc.

How will folks here spend Christmas? Traditional, Frugal, or beans on toast by the telly? Well, for those of us that have telly!

Im gonna have a go at re-classifing the BBC's definition of 'binge drinking', and then i will make up some silly little thing like " i will get fit next year", then drink some more i reakon.

Nope, I'm off to Italy over Christmas snowboarding. (will be there Xmas Eve and Xmas Day too - first time not at the old dears).

My first holiday in 2 years too and I need it being couped up at my mums in my bedroom most of the week (excluding work ;) )

Edited by OzzMosiz

I'll be waiting excitedly for the expected Housing market "Xmas Bounce" to happen!

Roasting chestnuts on an open fire,

Jack frost nipping at my nose,

Yultide carols being sung by a choir,

etc.

Oh, and avidly reading HPC. :rolleyes:

Stores like Woolworths make most of their profit in the run up to Xmas. Xmas is nothing more than a big commercial exercise in materialism and self-indulgence and "good will to all men" are just empty words.

Many people find Xmas very stressful and after Xmas the suicide rate in the UK is at its highest.

Divorce...

... and Suicide...

... and natural or accidental death.

God Bless You Merry Men

Divorce...

... and Suicide...

... and natural or accidental death.

God Bless You Merry Men

I`ll be spending Christmas and new year in Punta Cana in the Dominican Republic, should be excellent !

and be also blind drunk on QC trying to get a 'questionable' game of twister from all my nephews girlfriends.

then i may smoke my pipe in the chair and breakwind asleep during goldfinger.

I`ll be spending Christmas and new year in Punta Cana in the Dominican Republic, should be excellent !

Yeah...as long as you don't get a dose of the Dominican Republic "trots"!

Lots of wine, food, chocolate and sex. Not necessarily in that order though. :D

UM

Hey enough of what a great Xmas you relatively priviledged guys will have and reflect on my original post in this thread - that Xmas is a cynical commerical exercise and many people find Xmas very stressful.