House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
patientFTB

London Falls From 1st Most Expensive To 5th (euro)

http://firstrung.co.uk/articles.asp?pageid...&articlekey=668

Olympic feel good factor fails to stop London prices losing their froth

In a dramatic reversal of fortune London has lost its mantle of being the most expensive European capital for property. To shift from first to fifth inside twelve months indicates the severity of the slow down of property values in the UK according to a new survey by the property firm Era Immobilier.

Cities regarded as financial centres rank highest, whilst the administration engine of Europe, Brussels, represents the best value for money.

The city of Luxembourg has displaced London as the European capital with the most expensive property.

With an average residential sale price of EUR 470,000, Luxembourg was ranked above several European capitals with expensive reputations.

The second most expensive property was to be found in the Swiss capital, Berne, where the average sale price reached EUR 421,000, followed by Madrid and Dublin where average prices were EUR 408,120 and EUR 330,000 respectively.

London, which was ranked as the most expensive in last year's survey, dropped to fifth with an average sale price of EUR 328,000. Paris EUR 261,180 was placed eighth on the list

Meanwhile, some of the lowest property prices in the survey were to be found in Brussels, with an average home price of EUR 182,211.

Hometrack`s most recent report cited London prices falling by 4.6% year on year.

Maybe it's not relevant but I'd suspect that there are far less apartments in the top 4. I still believe that properties for FTB'ers are just as expensive in London, if not more. I haven't done any research but suspect that there are far more family homes in the top 4 so the mortgage can be shared.

I still think that the most expensive properties are in the centre of London, and that the average is brought down considrably by properties on the outskirts of the city.

I know that a majority of HPC members are hoping for a crash but London is still one of the best cities in the world.We should be proud and just except that buying a property in London is out of reach for most of us.

I've said it before, we don't have a God given right to live in London (well maybe single mothers do among others). Crash or no crash, London is out of my reach unless I downsize from my already small house.

yep.. London has gone up 75% in the boom..

Devon..

a lot of areas between 300 - 400%

The big smoke may come out unscathed..

you have a lack of space..

we don't..

we are one big field.. really big.. lots of land..

http://firstrung.co.uk/articles.asp?pageid...&articlekey=668

Olympic feel good factor fails to stop London prices losing their froth

In a dramatic reversal of fortune London has lost its mantle of being the most expensive European capital for property. To shift from first to fifth inside twelve months indicates the severity of the slow down of property values in the UK according to a new survey by the property firm Era Immobilier.

Cities regarded as financial centres rank highest, whilst the administration engine of Europe, Brussels, represents the best value for money.

The city of Luxembourg has displaced London as the European capital with the most expensive property.

With an average residential sale price of EUR 470,000, Luxembourg was ranked above several European capitals with expensive reputations.

The second most expensive property was to be found in the Swiss capital, Berne, where the average sale price reached EUR 421,000, followed by Madrid and Dublin where average prices were EUR 408,120 and EUR 330,000 respectively.

London, which was ranked as the most expensive in last year's survey, dropped to fifth with an average sale price of EUR 328,000. Paris EUR 261,180 was placed eighth on the list

Meanwhile, some of the lowest property prices in the survey were to be found in Brussels, with an average home price of EUR 182,211.

Hometrack`s most recent report cited London prices falling by 4.6% year on year.

A buying opportunity!