House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Topher Bear

Allister Darling On Radio 4

Gotta laugh. When in power and the problems occured, it was due to a world wide problem.

now the problems today is because of the governments cuts program....

The interviewer reply was that surely cuts in the UK can't be causing all the problems on Europe and America and Asia!!

Waste of space, the lot of them!

Gotta laugh. When in power and the problems occured, it was due to a world wide problem.

The interviewer reply was that surely cuts in the UK can't be causing all the problems on Europe and America and Asia!!

Don't think he leaves 'Tracy Island' much these days!

And if he was still in power it would all be the fault of America, Europe etc... nothing at all to do with their policies.

Before doing interviews politicians should be given truth serum, I'm sure it would be a lot more enlightening.

And if he was still in power it would all be the fault of America, Europe etc... nothing at all to do with their policies.

Before doing interviews politicians should be given truth serum, I'm sure it would be a lot more enlightening.

Why do you need the truth serum?

I find the old adage about politicians stil holds true - You know they're lying / talking crap if their lips are moving.

John Prescott on twitter this morning-

JohnPrescott:

In 2008 we had a PM working 24/7 in No10 to stave off a global meltdown. #wheresthegovernment

My reply-

@johnprescott re pm working 24/7.....glad he was as he had a big role in creating it!!! We haven't forgotten how you all destroyed the uk!

I would have loved to say more but I like my daily tweet rant at him too much and I don't want him to block me. B)

Why do you need the truth serum?

I find the old adage about politicians stil holds true - You know they're lying / talking crap if their lips are moving.

Point taken, but I just think it would be more amusing watching them trying to fight telling the truth.

The Labour party do seem to be the stick your head in the sand and ignore the debt party.

I don't think anyone can really blame them for the global recession however you can blame them for leaving us in such a bad position to deal with the recession. Logic dictates that if your still spending more than ur getting in at the good times when the bad times come ur screwed. They never looked into where this money was coming from, it was not generated wealth is was debt fuelled wealth which a prime example is house prices.

I am however slightly disappointed the condems have be so pro excessive house prices rather than allowing them to fall by putting pressure to reduce inflation on the MPC.

The Labour party do seem to be the stick your head in the sand and ignore the debt party.

Remember the 2011 budget? Osborne was crowing at the opposition benches because he'd used his financial genius to find a way to cut less from public spending than Labour had planned to cut while still in power. The Coalition is planning to increase nominal spending in every year of this Parliament.

Same coin, two sides.

About time we melted that coin down and made something usefull out of it.

Perhaps a buttplug to stop them all shatting on us from a great height?

Remember the 2011 budget? Osborne was crowing at the opposition benches because he'd used his financial genius to find a way to cut less from public spending than Labour had planned to cut while still in power. The Coalition is planning to increase nominal spending in every year of this Parliament.

But remember it's real terms and % of GDP that really matters.

...he was one of the simpletons.... :rolleyes:

Edited by South Lorne