House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ologhai Jones

Would Mad Max 2 Make Sense

I noticed that Mad Max 2 is on TV tonight, and I thought I might watch it.

I've think I've watched all the Mad Max movies, but probably of the order of decades ago, so I don't really remember any of them.

If I watch Mad Max 2 in isolation, will it make reasonable sense -- or am I better watching them in order?

I've think I've watched all the Mad Max movies, but probably of the order of decades ago, so I don't really remember any of them.

If I watch Mad Max 2 in isolation, will it make reasonable sense -- or am I better watching them in order?

IMO Mad Max 2 is the first "real" Mad Max movie and it will therefore make perfect sense to watch it first. Mad Max 1 is totally disconnected from the rest so doesn't matter if you watch it first on not.

Mad Max 2 is my favorite so might watch it again tonight.

I love Mad Max 2, one of my favourite films, easily the best in the trilogy. Also at the begginning of MM2 it does give you a bit of back story to the film so you should understand whats going on , so theres no need to watch the first one.

Well worth watching just for the stunts in it alone. A lot of the stunt men actually got hurt becuase they didn't go as planned.

Word of warning though, you may be tempted to go out and buy a big V8 muscle car after watching it :P

Mad Max II was the first of the three I watched. Then I watched III, then finally I saw the first one.

I don't think you'll have any problems watching II without having seen I.

The first and second films feel quite different anyway and to be honest, II is way better than I.

I is set during a social breakdown whereas society has well and truly collapsed by the time of II.

Which channel and what time? :)

Which channel and what time? :)

ITV1, 22:35 - 0020.

It'll be advert-riddled and no doubt cut to hell... but I've come to quite enjoy watching movies on the TV in these austere times. (I'm trying to make it sound as if it's the austere times that have made me a tight-fisted old miser. Is it working?)

(I'm trying to make it sound as if it's the austere times that have made me a tight-fisted old miser. Is it working?)

As a tight-fisted old miser myself, I'm convinced. :D

Isnt there supposed to be a new one being made?

God I hope not, no one wants to see an aging Mel Gibson in tight leather trousers. Either that or it will be some horrible remake where everything gets shifted to America and end up being like the remake of the Italian Job. Just awful.

Another here who agrees that II can be enjoyed without watching the first beforehand. II is the best film anyway.

P.S. Karl Urban would make a good Max, even though he's a Kiwi (close enough for me :-) )

The new Max Rockatansky, Tom Hardy

Tom-Hardy-006.jpg

I'm not convinced we need a new Mad Max film but from a studio point of view it's a well known, exploitable brand.

The first one doesn't matter for this, and Mad Max 2 is a downright brilliant film (and god I found Virginia Hey attractive in it).

Ray Winstone & Clive Owen?!??!? Looks like it'll have poor CGI...

CGI? :( but unsurprising MM2's a great example of how no CGI but just ******ing good stuntwork looks infinitely better (mostly due to being far more convincing due to actually being physically possible).

ITV1, 22:35 - 0020.

It'll be advert-riddled and no doubt cut to hell... but I've come to quite enjoy watching movies on the TV in these austere times. (I'm trying to make it sound as if it's the austere times that have made me a tight-fisted old miser. Is it working?)

That;s how I've always pictured you.:unsure: