House Price Crash Forum

With a salary of 9k, you would become acquainted with the experience of being in debt fairly swiftly....

How come we don't see these jobs in "tax abuser of the week", eh?

It's only a half-time job, 18.5 hours per week. £18,000 as a full-time equivalent is still not exactly well paid, but it's probably not too bad for Newcastle.

It's only a half-time job, 18.5 hours per week. £18,000 as a full-time equivalent is still not exactly well paid, but it's probably not too bad for Newcastle.

I agree. My first job, in Newcastle, paid £6500pa full time in 1995.

Two years later I bought my own flat (salary having reached the dizzy heights of £9000pa) for £19000 in Fawdon.

I moved to London in2001. I rented the flat to my brother and when he moved out in Summer 2003 I sold it. It was last sold in March last year for £55000. Believe me it was a nice flat but not worth 55 grand. Yikes!

But my dad (he and mam still live up there) tells me that there is NO possiblity of a HPC in the North. His evidence? Umm, it's only something that happens in "the South" and that "they" wouldn't let it happen again. :blink:

UM