House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
pajd

Estate Agent Having A Good Day?

ThornLea Gardens lisaghmore house RV £95,000. Listed at £132,500.

Wonder what these all actually sold at?

Would the agents tell you up front if you asked?

Probably no chance.

I remember asking one estate agent about a house i saw. It was lsited as 'Sale Agreed'. I asked her what price it had gone to this stage at and she told me she couldn't tell me this info as its confidential

A bit off topic pajd but did you see the write up in the Irish New about the SF junior ministers criticism of the amount of direct foreign investment going to Belfast and how little makes it to the North West. Interestingly it cost 16K in incentives for every job Invest direct foreign investment strategy creates. Thank God says Allen & Overy.

A bit off topic pajd but did you see the write up in the Irish New about the SF junior ministers criticism of the amount of direct foreign investment going to Belfast and how little makes it to the North West. Interestingly it cost 16K in incentives for every job Invest direct foreign investment strategy creates. Thank God says Allen & Overy.

No i didn't read it. Its always been like that and i doubt it will ever change. Yet i despair at the asking prices around here. Where are people getting the money?

Where are people getting the money?

Thats the point to which i always return in the Derry Housing Market.

I have now come to realise that the black market is much more profitable and rewarding in Derry than Employment ever could be.

Just drive past the new house in Skeoge and you will see the nice new houses ready made for the good daytime tv watching masses.

I suspect that DLA claims are pumping serious money into the lcoal economy.

The Tories new reclassifcation of these payments can't come quick enough.

The local political parties will be in hysterics when it comes.

No i didn't read it. Its always been like that and i doubt it will ever change. Yet i despair at the asking prices around here. Where are people getting the money?

I think with Derry the problem is that there have been so few sales around that people don't really know what’s happening. There's still money floating around but once this gets out of the system it will be an altogether different story.

We really don't know where the market is because nothing is selling.

I have now come to realise that the black market is much more profitable and rewarding in Derry than Employment ever could be.

Just drive past the new house in Skeoge and you will see the nice new houses ready made for the good daytime tv watching masses.

Those houses on the Skeoge Rd. Are they social or private?

As for the black market.....it must be booming. Why else do i see new Golfs everywhere!

I really think you have a massive point when it comes to Derry. There is without a doubt a massive black economy. Much much bigger than anywhere else going on.

Those houses on the Skeoge Rd. Are they social or private?

As for the black market.....it must be booming. Why else do i see new Golfs everywhere!

Solar Panels on the roof only means 1 thing. Social.

I'm worrying about committing to a mortgage for a 3 bed semi. When people who have never crossed the door of a business premesis get handed a set of keys for a brand new one, not a care in the world.

I noticed on Propertypal there is a new private developer starting at other end of skeoge. Good Luck to them. Fixed price already.

As I say to the wife when she points out a nice house. "You'd need to be a taxi driver to afford a place like that!"

Speaking of EA's having good days:

Another puff piece from the Tele's Wimmins section -

My name is Bond, James Bond

Or

The shadows that roof profiles cast.

Special Agent: Michael’s Lifelong interest in property

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/woman/house-home/special-agent-michaelrsquos-lifelong-interest-in-property-16032249.html

"going to see my daughter and wife showing at horse shows". That's not nice!

What qualifications do you think are essential for estate agency?

The ability to LISTEN........ Wha?

Listen to this - YOUR PRICES ARE TOO HIGH.

Edited by Shotoflight

Speaking of EA's having good days:

Another puff piece from the Tele's Wimmins section -

My name is Bond, James Bond

Or

The shadows that roof profiles cast.

Special Agent: Michael’s Lifelong interest in property

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/woman/house-home/special-agent-michaelrsquos-lifelong-interest-in-property-16032249.html

"going to see my daughter and wife showing at horse shows". That's not nice!

What qualifications do you think are essential for estate agency?

The ability to LISTEN........ Wha?

Listen to this - YOUR PRICES ARE TOO HIGH.

He looks like he has been fashioned from a piece of cured animal hide.

Seriously though I wonder do his own ears register some of the crap that comes out of his mouth or has he, through time gained some sort of acquired immunity to shite talk. I think I would be physically sick if I heard that in real life.

Edited by 2buyornot2buy

Top tip for house hunters

Should we point out the EAs work for the vendors not buyers and where would you find an EA you could trust ?

Trying the old "I'm your best friend. Would I do anything that wasn't in your interest?" tactic. Snake oil salesman. With no qualifications.

One of my friends bought about 2 years ago in Belfast. The developer told him "this is a great site. The houses will never get cheaper. You have my word on that. Would I lie? Sure I'll not sell any of the other houses unless I get the same price as you’ve paid. I've given my best price. Price will be going up soon because my costs are rocketing."

The same couple are 50K+ in negative equity. Still at least they are only in there late 20s with 15K each of student debt.

FFS ssssssshhhhhhh!!! ;)

Honestly everyone I know living and working in Derry are "self employed" I always wondered if there we some tax perk being so close to the boarder.

I don’t mean the ones living and travelling elsewhere.

Sorry the above is untrue I know two people that work in the public sector.

Edited by 2buyornot2buy

Honestly everyone I know living and working in Derry are "self employed" I always wondered if there we some tax perk being so close to the boarder.

I don’t mean the ones living and travelling elsewhere.

Sorry the above is untrue I know two people that work used to work in the public sector.