• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445

Cant have too much sympathy for anyone who is still in the equity markets apart from within his/her pension , its been waiting for another fall that even a blind man could see coming , so its back to where it was 15 years ago WOW, All these tracker deals all these guaranteed equity bonds don't look too good now bet the flashy suit experts are having hard times convincing even the dumb that they are great investments.

HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418
HOLA4419
HOLA4420

Most of our savings are in Israeli shekels - 5.9 to the pound in January, reached a low of 5.42 and is now back up to 5.70 in the wake of the US crisis, in just a few days. Very surprised to see GBP rallying at all bearing in mind the recent 0.2% GDP news - without government borrowing we'd still be deep in recession.

HOLA4421

Do you really think we are not in recession? .... after all the government also say there are only 2.65 million unemployed.

whilst id be the first to admit the govt are notorious for overstating UK unemployment by a couple of million, i dont think thats any reason to call into question their opinion on what a recession is

HOLA4422
HOLA4423
HOLA4424

Cant have too much sympathy for anyone who is still in the equity markets apart from within his/her pension , its been waiting for another fall that even a blind man could see coming , so its back to where it was 15 years ago WOW, All these tracker deals all these guaranteed equity bonds don't look too good now bet the flashy suit experts are having hard times convincing even the dumb that they are great investments.

Those trackers that were also buying the FTSE at 3800 in 2008 with 6% yields?,or the Hang Seng at 11000?.Trackers are fantastic investments in volatile markets.The dumb are those who put in a lump sum and try to time the market.

HOLA4425

i invested in 2008 during printy printy , money had to go somewhere.

i knew people in 2002 who were buying shares on credit cards.

they did very well.

I took my money out the stockmarket in 2009 after the printy printy money took effect.

The stock markets pretty much back to where i was when I got my money back.

The old myth lie that the stock market is a greta place to invest, goes above inflation, doubles every ten years etc etc etc is dead. Thankfully nothing else has been mis-sold to people with this set of lies in recent years. :blink:

Edited by TheCountOfNowhere