House Price Crash Forum

Worlds Most Expensive Home Going Down?

HOLA441

It is a shame, it would have been a great construction well within the character of the local area and not an eysore of epic pwoperdee pwoportions, the full story is HERE

:lol:

India's richest man could lose his 27-storey family home - thought to be the world's most expensive - because of claims the land was sold illegally.

Mr Ambani, the chairman of Reliance Industries and the world's ninth richest man, with an estimated worth of £16billion, moved his wife and children into the 570ft tower last year.

The property, called Antilia, has three helipads, six floors of parking, a ballroom, several swimming pools and a 50-seat cinema.

Tasteful I am sure you will agree...

HOLA442

It is a shame, it would have been a great construction well within the character of the local area and not an eysore of epic pwoperdee pwoportions, the full story is HERE

Has it been finished yet?

I think people who build this sort of thing have serious mental health issues, in all honesty.

HOLA443

We passed that several times while on hols back in Feb. Talk about a monstrosity - bloody hideous thing. Almost made me feel friendly towards council planning officers.

HOLA444
HOLA445

Would you really need all that space?

How many cars does he have?

I think he has a lot of hangers on who have lots of cars, 6 floors of parking is excessive. However, just look at the interior decor, is this really the actions of a sane person anyway?

I can imagine the interior designers brief:

"Client says it must look like the sort of place a colour blind Bond villain with zero taste would manage an evil empire, that and the love child of a Tandoori takeaway in Shoreditch which has mated with the Palace of Versailles" B)

Edited by JustAnotherProle

HOLA446
HOLA447

Although this home does look like a montrosity, looking at buildings around they don't look much better. If I had billions I would build my own James Bond Villain mountain lair thats completely self substaining. Whats the point of your own skyscraper in a crowded city?

HOLA448
HOLA449

Looks like he just wants to lord it over the proles by sticking it in that location. Shame if it had to be torn down but i somehow expect with his money and clout it will stay.

To be fair regarding the design of it, the architects have taken their design cues from the surrounding area. The big, shit ugly tower design paradigm.

HOLA4410

He could have his own Bollywood Poseidon Adventure if he drilled the ceiling above the cinema!