House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
interestrateripoff

The Trickle Down Effect

http://www.vanityfair.com/society/features/2011/05/top-one-percent-201105

While the top 1 percent have seen their incomes rise 18 percent over the past decade, those in the middle have actually seen their incomes fall. For men with only high-school degrees, the decline has been precipitous—12 percent in the last quarter-century alone. All the growth in recent decades—and more—has gone to those at the top.

Link from this George Monbiot article

So the trickle down effect in full force?

Of course as it's been noted before the lower paid made up for the loss of income by borrowing.

Of course as it's been noted before the lower paid made up for the loss of income by borrowing.

However incontinent the economy there is never any trickle down. The wealthy buy very absorbent pads.

What is a 'high school degree'? Can you get a degree in an American High School now? I thought you had to go to kahlidge for that.

Or do they mean their school-leaving exam, whatever they call it?

What is a 'high school degree'? Can you get a degree in an American High School now? I thought you had to go to kahlidge for that.

Or do they mean their school-leaving exam, whatever they call it?

High school diploma, I think - age 18, I think. Bit like A levels except dumbed down a fair bit.

They should rename the 'trickle down effect' to the 'spit down effect' as thats what it seems like. Occassionaly the elites will spit down on us, giving us a taste of their wealth.

Supposedly in the UK the trickle down of wealth from the financial sector would made everyone rich,. This is what we base our economy on: the premise that the rich man will throw the masses a few crumbs and keep the economy going. Clearly this is not the case. I posted a thread a few months back asking if anyone could find proof that the trickle down effect exists. No one could give me an answer because it doesn't.

Supposedly in the UK the trickle down of wealth from the financial sector would made everyone rich,. This is what we base our economy on: the premise that the rich man will throw the masses a few crumbs and keep the economy going. Clearly this is not the case. I posted a thread a few months back asking if anyone could find proof that the trickle down effect exists. No one could give me an answer because it doesn't.

The middle and the lower stratas just fight it out amongst themselves.The top 10% possess the ability to rig the system to ensure nothing significant trickles down.

I believe the idea was that the Financial services industry would skim lots of other country's savings, this being our national specialty, and some of this would end up as taxes which would be redistributed.

Of course, basing the economy on the idea that people who cook up tax avoidance schemes for a living would be a good source of tax revenue could have flaws. Hard to know in advance.

Money doesn't trickle down. The ownership of wealth means that money trickles up, and that gross inequality is an inevitable result.

For a full explanation see the paper at the link below:

"Why Money Trickles Up - Wealth and Income Distributions":

http://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de/30851/

Abstract:

This paper combines ideas from classical economics and modern finance with the general Lotka-Volterra models of Levy & Solomon to provide straightforward explanations of wealth and income distributions. Using a simple and realistic economic formulation, the distributions of both wealth and income are fully explained. Both the power tail and the log-normal like body are fully captured. It is of note that the full distribution, including the power law tail, is created via the use of absolutely identical agents. It is further demonstrated that a simple scheme of compulsory saving could eliminate poverty at little cost to the taxpayer.

Another advantage of wealth is the ability to purchase as many academic whores you need to propagate the theory that best suits your purpose- which explains why virtually the entire Economics establishment worldwide have been peddling neo liberal bullshite for 20 years.

Trickledown is simply too perfect a theory to allow the facts to interfere- after all what could be better for the rich and powerful than a theory that renders limitless greed into a virtue?

In fact we should really take them at their word, give all the planets wealth to single individual then simply wait for the gigantic tidal wave of prosperity that will flood the world as a consequence of such vast wealth concentration.

Another advantage of wealth is the ability to purchase as many academic whores you need to propagate the theory that best suits your purpose- which explains why virtually the entire Economics establishment worldwide have been peddling neo liberal bullshite for 20 years.

This reminds me of the laughing curve. :D

There should be laws against this kind of misinformation, people can't be expected to make heads or tails of these economic concepts. The general population's vulnerability to this kind of peddling is too obvious.

Only the most disgusting, chaviest, repulsive scroungers could regard the 75% of high-earners money that is extorted through UK taxation as a trickle.

The scummers are drowning in a flood of money. Why aren't you grateful???

If inequalities increase it means your highest earners get back more than they give, however much they give.

Do try to look at the whole picture.